Jegs, the Famous Auto Parts Catalog Company, Sold to Private Equity Firm

JDmac72chrgr

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:09 AM
Reaction score
Sounds like more "China" parts for "performance market" OR a way to GET RID OF AFTERMARKET "PERFORMANCE" parts requiring OE car manufacturing "performance" parts?? Are we heading in the direction of the "classics" in Cuba that used USSR/Russian parts to keep em running but we will be using China parts.

Last edited:

WileERobby

Local time
Reaction score
What ^^ pretty much everyone said. not good. The question is how, not if, they'll screw up that company. Will they still send out free hats :eek: ?

joe smith

Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like more "China" parts for "performance market" OR a way to GET RID OF AFTERMARKET "PERFORMANCE" parts requiring OE car manufacturing "performance" parts?? Are we heading in the direction of the "classics" in Cuba that used USSR/Russian parts to keep em running but we will be using China parts.
This was the feeling in the mid 70's with the muscle cars too... It was over... WE all see what happened, so you never know......

super-bee_ski

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
I haven't bought from Jegs for a long time...
I prefer Summit Racing & get my parts way quicker
with far fewer hassles & mistakes or backorders...
I get my stuff in 2 days or less, even up here...

Yes, it's too bad;
the Coughlin family chose to & sold out/cashed out
(still retains a minority share :jackoff:)
on an empire, that their grandfather built from the ground up...

I don't know anything about the new owners either

Yup,
For us West Coast guys and Gals...
Sumitt Racing Wherehouse is in Sparks NV

I swear I have ordered one day and received the next!

Jeggies?
Columbus Ohio, takes more than a week to get there

AND:
I dont need Reading Glasses to read the Sumitt Racing Catalog
Jeg's is such small font......

Just saying....

:thumbsup:

joe smith

Local time
Reaction score
Embarrassed to say I have a heck of a time working Jegs website, where Summits is much easier, at least for me.....
My experience is ALL BAD when your GREAT company sells out to a large company... Especially for the employees....
JELD WEN bought a company I worked for, You see their doors and windows at depot and lowes..,,, 90 days later all the management quit.. UH OH, I thought, thats a bad sign.... Yup it was.......

roadrunner69440

Local time
Reaction score
I give 2 years and Jegs will be no more. I agree with an earlier statement that with the new electric shit being rammed down our throats it’s a matter of time the aftermarket retailers will fall. Look at the whole big picture, legislation against our hobby, rising costs, guys getting older, and the younger people notice and want nothing to do with this hobby. THEY rather drive electric shit and sip 5$ lattes. Just my thoughts, what do I know, HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!

bearman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Monthly sales will all be about batteries for your new electric car. They will have different colors so you can pick the performance level you want. Two years and gone.

70bigblockdodge

Local time
Reaction score
I know I'm computer illiterate, but Jegs website is hard to use. Summit's was better it has went downhill in recent years.
Both sit a couple hours west of me so most things are here next day. Guess I'll be losing one of the choices though.

JackR

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Know them. They bought the company I work for a while back then flipped it for many, many millions more.

Geff McCarthy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Their board is composed of major heavy hitter CEOs, ex-Boieng, Rolls Royce etc. No guarantee of anything, except competence.