• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jelly Jar

Thunderlugs

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
During the removal of the jelly jar master cylinder from my 65 manual brake car, I found I cannot remove the push rod coming from the pedal. It seems to be affixed, or locked into the piston of the master cylinder. Don't I need this particular rod for the conversion to a dual cylinder manual disc brake mopar conversion? I would like to start accumulating what I need for the change over. Just need to be clear. Thanks in advance for advice.

It's held in by a rubber o-ring. Place in a vise and pry or pull it out. Spraying some wd40 in there first helps.
20161001_142634.jpg

Funny you should ask.......I just completed my front disc/jelly jar brake conversion on my 62 Belve. I was so worried about the MC push rod. Turns out the new (non power) dual MC bolted right up and the old pushrod out of the suicide cylinder swapped right into the new dual. Bled the brakes and it stops on a dime!
Your mileage may vary on your 65..........

Just used a generic dual/disc brake MC for a 70's Dart........cost about $35. got it through NAPA

Funny you should ask.......I just completed my front disc/jelly jar brake conversion on my 62 Belve. I was so worried about the MC push rod. Turns out the new (non power) dual MC bolted right up and the old pushrod out of the suicide cylinder swapped right into the new dual. Bled the brakes and it stops on a dime!
Your mileage may vary on your 65..........
Great. One less thing to be concerned with. Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back