• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jf1 mist green

SpaceDoggo

Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
Me and my friend were curious and decided to look at the build plate for my 73 satellite. We eventually got to the code for the color which was jf1 (I also want to make sure that jf1 means mist green). If it is mist green, how rare is that color on the satellites? I also believe that mine is a sport but I'm really not sure. I don't know much about it. There is also jf8 which if I'm correct it had a dark green vinyl top. If these codes are correct it currently looks nothing like it used to.

20240213_155232.jpg

Me and my friend were curious and decided to look at the build plate for my 73 satellite. We eventually got to the code for the color which was jf1 (I also want to make sure that jf1 means mist green). If it is mist green, how rare is that color on the satellites? I also believe that mine is a sport but I'm really not sure. I don't know much about it. There is also jf8 which if I'm correct it had a dark green vinyl top. If these codes are correct it currently looks nothing like it used to.

View attachment 1608848
I've only seen one supposed JF1 Mist green here in NYC on a '73 Charger with factory sun roof IIRC. I see it every now and then at the cruise in's. Odd and distinct color. I seem to see small bits of it to the right in your photo. That's the color of this Charger I am mentioning.

I've only seen one supposed JF1 Mist green here in NYC on a '73 Charger with factory sun roof IIRC. I see it every now and then at the cruise in's. Odd and distinct color. I seem to see small bits of it to the right in your photo. That's the color of this Charger I am mentioning.
if you have a picture of that charger I would love to see it!

Interior is all green so I guess that is what jf8 is. So V1F would be a vinyl top then?

I have a photo of the vin and it starts with RH23. With a vin decoder for the 73 it tells me R means satellite and H means high which I assume is either sport or Sebring.
Looking at the fender tag I saw RM... But after your mentioning RH yeah... Oh well, RH isn't bad.. Sebring Plus..

Looking at the fender tag I saw RM... But after your mentioning RH yeah... Oh well, RH isn't bad.. Sebring Plus..
Interesting. I might be wrong (I most likely am) but didn't all Sebring plus come with the rally gauges? Or was that a option to add onto? My satellite doesn't have those gauges.

Interesting. I might be wrong (I most likely am) but didn't all Sebring plus come with the rally gauges? Or was that a option to add onto? My satellite doesn't have those gauges.
Honestly, I'm much more knowledgeable about 68-71.. I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express less than a month ago... :rofl: And I did know a guy with a JF1 Challenger...

Honestly, I'm much more knowledgeable about 68-71.. I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express less than a month ago... :rofl: And I did know a guy with a JF1 Challenger...
That's alright, I've learned more about this car in this conversation than I have for the last 4 months of owning it lol.

Well here's a little more info..
Fender tags are read from bottom to top...

E44 = 318
D34 = 904 TF
R = Satellite
H = High level trim
23 = 2 dr hardtop
G = 318
3 = 1973
G = St Louis build plant
118304? Serial number

JF1 Mist Green
C2 = High Grade Vinyl Bench
F6 = Medium Green
JF8 = Interior trim paint dark green
922 = Scheduled Production Date Sept 22 1972
116878 Vehicle Order Number
V1F Vinyl Top Green
U = USA
B41 = Frt Disc Brakes w/ 10" rear drums
C11 = ?
C35 =?
H51 = A/C
J25 = 3 spd wipers
L31 = Fender Top T/S Lights
M21 = Drip Rail Moldings
M26 = Wheel Lip Moldings
R11 = AM Radio 2 watt
V5X = Body Side Protection Black
26 = 26" Radiator
End = End of Codes

Well here's a little more info..
Fender tags are read from bottom to top...

E44 = 318
D34 = 904 TF
R = Satellite
H = High level trim
23 = 2 dr hardtop
G = 318
3 = 1973
G = St Louis build plant
118304? Serial number

JF1 Mist Green
C2 = High Grade Vinyl Bench
F6 = Medium Green
JF8 = Interior trim paint dark green
922 = Scheduled Production Date Sept 22 1972
116878 Vehicle Order Number
V1F Vinyl Top Green
U = USA
B41 = Frt Disc Brakes w/ 10" rear drums
C11 = ?
C35 =?
H51 = A/C
J25 = 3 spd wipers
L31 = Fender Top T/S Lights
M21 = Drip Rail Moldings
M26 = Wheel Lip Moldings
R11 = AM Radio 2 watt
V5X = Body Side Protection Black
26 = 26" Radiator
End = End of Codes
The 118304 is the serial number. Knowing what all those mean is very helpful aswell thanks very much!

20240124_140606.jpg

G11 is tinted glass - all windows (required with A/C)
G35 is the L/H outside mirror, remote, chrome

G11 is tinted glass - all windows (required with A/C)
G35 is the L/H outside mirror, remote, chrome
Yup..... My mistake... B41, C nope not C.... G... Thanks Chip.. :thumbsup:

Maybe a little wire brush action on that fender tag...... Or maybe my eyesight isn't what it use to be... Though to be honest I don't decode much stuff from 73 & I half expected some odd ball codes....

Sanded down a part of the inner fender and found the original mist green!
I will eventually repaint this don't worry. Thing is kinda a pos so it doesn't really matter to me.

20240214_073039.jpg

It was a Satellite Sebring, but not a Sebring plus. It had a bench seat and no vinyl top. It was rusty,so I'm sure it got junked a long time ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back