• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Tom Hedrick won't be making any moonshine

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
loved the show..... Jim Tom was my favorite....... RIP old man

Jim Tom Hedrick, the star of Discovery TV’s show ‘Moonshiners’ has reportedly passed away at the age of 82. Sugarlands Shine Distillery, the company featured on the television program, put out the following statement on Hedrick’s passing.

“Jim Tom dedicated much of his life to the art of moonshining, becoming a legend in Appalachia along the way. Jim Tom’s well-earned reputation as one of the most skilled moonshiners in the South earned him a role on the hit television program ‘Moonshiners,’ where his colorful personality endeared Jim Tom to the hearts of millions. Jim Tom touched the lives of countless individuals and was especially eager to pass along his lifetime of moonshining knowledge to a new generation of distillers, ensuring the craft would endure.”

MSN

Think I remember him....but haven't watched the show in a pretty good while. May he rest in peace.

Think I remember him....but haven't watched the show in a pretty good while. May he rest in peace.

1694107857696.png

I hope he passed his trade secrets on. RIP JT...

RIP Jim Tom! He was a character.

Familiar face from commercials but that's about it.
RIP fella.

RIP Jim Tom,
I'll bet he 'was lit' most all of the time since he was a young man
the alcohol didn't help

I remember he even tried & did a recording deal
& he played at the prison he was once at (on Moonshiners)
with some low-level Nashville Country singer/producer dude
Jim Tom couldn't sing for ****, but he did it
I'm sure the notoriety/poularity of the show got it for him too

No license for 40+ (50 ?) years IIRC, he always drove a scooter
or got rides

sad day either way

Last edited:
RIP Jim Tom. He was a funny guy on the show. He didn't show up much in the past several seasons though due to health issues. His Rye Whiskey sold by Sugarland is awesome stuff.

R I.P.

If he had that nose full on nickels, he would have been born wealthy.......... R.I.P. Godspeed...

Auto Transport Service
Back