• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Joe Dirt sold his Daytona!

Hemi Daytona, 4 speed is far too cool for anyone from Hollyweird anyway.
Spade has a house in the Phoenix area and I was told he kept the car there. And even drove it once in a while.
But like said, he didnt keep the car long. Maybe a year or two.

….<clip>…. Extremely strong prices relative to actual condition on all the B bodies I looked at.

Auctions are the best place to sell cars you wouldn’t want to sell face to face.

Seems to be more and more fueled by buyers who don’t understand actual condition.

Spade has a house in the Phoenix area and I was told he kept the car there. And even drove it once in a while.
But like said, he didnt keep the car long. Maybe a year or two.

He’s a car guy. Has Grand National, old Landcruiser?, other stuff.

When Spade first started out, he got his Honda repaired at Julius’s old Honda repair shop (Restorations by Julius)

Julius would restore Mopars in the corner of his shop while he overlooked his business. Behind the couches in repair shop waiting area could be a dressed Hemi or a Dana rearend in process of restoration. Looking back that was pretty unique

BTW @ns1rm21 Troy Bray here was a Honda tech there.

Last edited:
Auctions are the best place to sell cars you wouldn’t want to sell face to face.

Seems to be more and more fueled by buyers who don’t understand actual condition.
How true. Several years ago I started looking for a Hemi GTX. The major auctions generated a complete disconnect between photogenic cars with issues and no history, and nicer, documented, less glitzy examples. The cars I would have considered all went cheap, the flashy tarts were, IMO, overbid. I wasn't looking for a flashy car, just a good one, so I considered buying at auction. FBBO saved the day. I found it here and didn't have to pay the auction commission.

Auto Transport Service
Back