• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reality Check: The Collector-Car Market Has Reached Correction Territory

Same with 57 Chevy BelAirs HT, Nomads or convertibles
are bringing 6 digit prices done to a professional level,
I do remember the days of $1500-$3000 for one
the same era when the gen 2 68-70 Chargers were like $500-$1500,
all day long too

way, way over the top, not really my style,
70s vibe
View attachment 1564694

View attachment 1564695
not a huge fan of completely stock, more of a day 2 look
View attachment 1564707

View attachment 1564713

View attachment 1564716

build a brand new one & not even use any old rusted out overpriced parts
View attachment 1564717

View attachment 1564718
I remember being able to pick up the tri-5's in the late 60's/early 70's for 500 bucks or less and they were still in decent shape. Even in the mid 70's 200 dollar cars were all over the place.

She shot that down in an instant. The car is going no where.
Amen. I can't express properly just how critical that exact thing has been with my own wife; I truly believe
she would be more heartbroken to see Fred get sold than me even - and despite my urging her to sell him
at least after I'm gone here someday soon, she's adamant that she will not.
Amazing...

Amen. I can't express properly just how critical that exact thing has been with my own wife; I truly believe
she would be more heartbroken to see Fred get sold than me even - and despite my urging her to sell him
at least after I'm gone here someday soon, she's adamant that she will not.
Amazing...
My daughter drives it every chance she gets
There is a small part of me thinks I would die a mysterious death in my sleep if I sold this car.

megan,,,again.jpg

My daughter drives it every chance she gets
There is a small part of me thinks I would die a mysterious death in my sleep if I sold this car.

View attachment 1577392
That's pretty damn awesome, right there. :thumbsup:

Over time, my wife has observed the absolute chore it is operating Fred (no power anything) that
she has a healthy respect for him.
A big block with manual steering and a heavy-arsed clutch on the 4 speed is a Schwarzenegger workout
to drive, after all. Add on the ample heat generated by big arse headers and 3" dual exhaust (with no a/c)
and she likes her modern Charger R/T a whole lot more, naturally.

Might as well - that dang Charger will pretty much keep up with the GTX, only a lot more comfortably.

That's pretty damn awesome, right there. :thumbsup:

Over time, my wife has observed the absolute chore it is operating Fred (no power anything) that
she has a healthy respect for him.
A big block with manual steering and a heavy-arsed clutch on the 4 speed is a Schwarzenegger workout
to drive, after all. Add on the ample heat generated by big arse headers and 3" dual exhaust (with no a/c)
and she likes her modern Charger R/T a whole lot more, naturally.

Might as well - that dang Charger will pretty much keep up with the GTX, only a lot more comfortably.
Thats cool as hell.
Mine is auto and power steering but still manual drum brakes. No A/C comes into play summer months .
Wife and I have given some thoughts of a late model Charger . Just haven't seen one with the right options and color pkg we like.
I would want the hemi and prefer the dark green.
We both really liked this one. But no sunroof which is a mandatory option for the wife and myself and I aint spending $75k on a new car

Otherwise I really really liked this one

charger.jpg

Thats cool as hell.
Mine is auto and power steering but still manual drum brakes. No A/C comes into play summer months .
Wife and I have given some thoughts of a late model Charger . Just haven't seen one with the right options and color pkg we like.
We both really liked this one. But no sunroof which is a mandatory option for the wife and myself and I aint spending $75k on a new car

View attachment 1577453
Oh, I LIKE that!
Ours isn't anything so fancy. We bought a 2012 Charger R/T new back in late 2011.
5.7 hemi (I ran it down the local track - Bristol - one night and managed a 13.9 with it, so it ain't
exactly what you'd call fast) but it's got all the bells and whistles available back then, which is fine
by us - and it's black on black. A very attractive car, if not a pain to keep clean.
It's also proven to be a very reliable car, now over 100k miles without a hitch.
They're built like tanks really.

Thats cool as hell.

View attachment 1577453

That one has the wrong emblem on the fender anyway.

:thumbsup:

I believe that a sunroof adds $1,900.00 to the cost, so that would be an even bigger nope.

Just for curiosity, are dealers still not negotiating on sticker prices like they were over the last couple of years?
This one is dealer marked $6500 over msrp

This one is dealer marked $6500 over msrp

Funk that. :jackoff:

I bought my 2020 Hellcat Charger Daytona for just under 14 grand below sticker price ($7,500.00 of that was manufacturer rebate) at a dealership in PA. Of course that was during the height of covid when the dealerships weren't dying with lots of inventory and no customers. But, that gives you an idea how much profit there is in a car that stickered for 80 grand. And at that price, you know that both still made money on the sale.

Funk that. :jackoff:

I bought my 2020 Hellcat Charger Daytona for just under 14 grand below sticker price ($7,500.00 of that was manufacturer rebate) at a dealership in PA. Of course that was during the height of covid when the dealerships weren't dying with lots of inventory and no customers. But, that gives you an idea how much profit there is in a car that stickered for 80 grand. And at that price, you know that both still made money on the sale.
I used to work at a Dodge Dealership
I'm am well aware of msrp markup.

Auto Transport Service
Back