• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Joining the ranks

Wow, I thought I was a Rush fan! I only saw them eight times, but they've been my favorite since I was 10 (when my brother brought home A Farewell to Kings). Cried when Neil died... out behind the barn, like a real man).
RIP man. What a shocking thing too. Didn't even see it coming.
Been a fan since I was like, 15 (33 now). 2112 changed the way I saw music and opened up a lot more than just heavy riffs and metal. Made me grow up in ways I never expected and see the world different.

2112 changed the way I saw music and opened up a lot more than just heavy riffs and metal. Made me grow up in ways I never expected and see the world different.

Agreed. 2112 was their middle finger to the record company, who wanted them to write more radio-friendly material. The said "If we're going down, we're going down our way." It was a huge success, and the label never bothered them again.

Glad to have you here, bro.

Agreed. 2112 was their middle finger to the record company, who wanted them to write more radio-friendly material. The said "If we're going down, we're going down our way." It was a huge success, and the label never bothered them again.

Thanks dude. I should have joined a long time ago. Always had been too timid and felt like I wasn't a true car guy.
Well 5 rough and dirty engine rebuilds, disc brake conversions, fuel and brake line runs, and hundreds of hours pouring over 40 year old tech manuals, forums like these, and backwater youtube videos, finally felt ready.

Appreciate the warm welcome from you all. I've always gotten **** from the local car shows since I couldn't pour a retirement fund into my cars. But I started having a lot more fun once I learned to "don't get it right, just get it running"

Be dodging those two lane air cars in no time haha. See you at the one lane bridge!

Welcome from Missouri!!

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Throw me in there with you guys re:Rush.
I can't claim to have this great live attendance record or such but I'm old enough to have
"discovered" them and got to pick up each subsequent album as it came out new back then.
Funny thing, I can recall getting "Caress of Steel" when I was 15 through my sisters'
Columbia House deal. :D
No, I admit I didn't "get it" and actually traded it for something else!
When my friend told me I simply HAD to come over and listen to 2112 though, good LORD!
Done deal, loved them ever since, part of the "Air Drummer Peart" army. :)

Throw me in there with you guys re:Rush.
I can't claim to have this great live attendance record or such but I'm old enough to have
"discovered" them and got to pick up each subsequent album as it came out new back then.
Funny thing, I can recall getting "Caress of Steel" when I was 15 through my sisters'
Columbia House deal. :D
No, I admit I didn't "get it" and actually traded it for something else!
When my friend told me I simply HAD to come over and listen to 2112 though, good LORD!
Done deal, loved them ever since, part of the "Air Drummer Peart" army. :)

All aboard the Peartmobile
I'm experiencing all the good in reverse at my age haha. Don't know if my car tastes will dip below 66 though.

Got to see RUSH twice. 2005 and 2012.

Moving Pictures was one of the first 3 albums I ever bought at age 13.

Peart has my vote for best drummer/percussionist of ALL TIME.

Got to see RUSH twice. 2005 and 2012.

Moving Pictures was one of the first 3 albums I ever bought at age 13.

Peart has my vote for best drummer/percussionist of ALL TIME.

I'll vote that a hundred times over. I also vote Moving Pictures probably the best mixed album in history, especially with the bass tone and guitar chime.

Auto Transport Service
Back