• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just a little rant and opinion

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
I've been putting my 65 Belvedere wagon together this past winter. Now I am almost at the end. I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

My issue is with Mancini Racing.
Back in October I ordered the headers through them. I kept getting the "It's on back order" for months. I finally called Schummacher and the guy on the line said he's looking right at the headers I wanted. They came in within a week. GREAT!

Now I order a new throttle cable from Mancini back on 3/23. It says online that it is in stock. I get an email confirmation of the order. This is the last thing I need to get this project finished. I get nothing. Still waiting. I call this morning and they say it's out of stock. I got no heads up or anything. Wasting my time. I cancel the order.

Now I call National Mo-Parts. They guy tells me to hold. He has the cable in front of him and measures it for me. Perfect. I pay and it's on the way.

My thing is that I'm kind of upset with Mancini. 2 strikes. At least I know that the parts are on the way.

Yeah, we all feel your pain! It seems that we shouldn't have to call every vendor to see if they actually
have an item, but that's what we have to do. I've had pretty good luck with Mancini, and being in Illinois,
it seems like almost every item ships and I get it in two days. Nowadays, I guess we have to call.

Some manufactures require dealers to purchase a minimum amount per the contract to get the discount. If they don't have enough for an order, manufactures may let them buy but at a higher price but some are sticklers. If the dealer has that possibility, they should inform the end user and give them the option of now at a higher price or wait for the lower price. I have run into some dealers that could not get parts, say the items are on b/o but the truth was, the dealer was behind on their bill. No pay bill, no parts.

I've been putting my 65 Belvedere wagon together this past winter. Now I am almost at the end. I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

My issue is with Mancini Racing.
Back in October I ordered the headers through them. I kept getting the "It's on back order" for months. I finally called Schummacher and the guy on the line said he's looking right at the headers I wanted. They came in within a week. GREAT!

Now I order a new throttle cable from Mancini back on 3/23. It says online that it is in stock. I get an email confirmation of the order. This is the last thing I need to get this project finished. I get nothing. Still waiting. I call this morning and they say it's out of stock. I got no heads up or anything. Wasting my time. I cancel the order.

Now I call National Mo-Parts. They guy tells me to hold. He has the cable in front of him and measures it for me. Perfect. I pay and it's on the way.

My thing is that I'm kind of upset with Mancini. 2 strikes. At least I know that the parts are on the way.
You should of called Mancini. Do not rely on on line ordering.

If you're gonna have a website...

EDIT- especially one where people can send you money for products you claim to have in stock...

Maintain your website.

It's pretty simple.

Yep today you have to call , AMD website said out of stock I called and guess what they had it . Call trust no one anymore.

Good old Nigel at National Moparts, bailing folks out! Amazing what he has in stock in his little shop in Beaverton/Gamebridge. Everyone and their brother is a month or more out on B body radio antennas, but Nigel had one in stock for me last week!

Lots of places don't have inventory these days. Sadly most places can't afford or can't get items due to supply chain being destroyed. I was looking for wheels a few weeks ago for one of my cars and I like the Convo Pro's for it. I looked on Jegs and Summit quickly and none are in stock. I believe I can order right through Centerline or maybe e-bay just surprised these places did not have them..
Center-Line-Convo-Pro-2-2.jpg

I called Mancini last Thursday, placed my order got it today.

Unfortunately it's the world we live in these days. Never used to be this way. I blame COVID and the whole work from home lackadaisical attitude of the millennials on the front lines now.
I have found that if you piss up the rope to higher management you get better results. Gen-Exers. It shouldn't have to be this way.
I spent about 2 hours total on the phone today with BAER Brakes, Pertronix and Summit trying to sort out delays. I don't really blame the vendors, they are dealing with similar bullshit.
Frustrating.

Last edited:
Mancini sucks, the only thing worse than ordering online is calling and dealing with whatever man child answers the phone. Zero customer service, shitty take it or leave it attitude, and over priced shipping.

Summit racing gets 99% of my business now. If it says they have it in stock, it’s on my door step within a week. If they make a mistake, it’s corrected within 48 hours, and I don’t have to pay return shipping.

Mancini sucks, the only thing worse than ordering online is calling and dealing with whatever man child answers the phone. Zero customer service, shitty take it or leave it attitude, and over priced shipping.

Summit racing gets 99% of my business now. If it says they have it in stock, it’s on my door step within a week. If they make a mistake, it’s corrected within 48 hours, and I don’t have to pay return shipping.
Really? So no major issues with Summit? I did have an issue with them earlier this year. They couldn't get me the proper oil filter relo kit. Back ordered for months. I actually found it at a local parts shop I go to. At least Summit kept me updated.

Really? So no major issues with Summit? I did have an issue with them earlier this year. They couldn't get me the proper oil filter relo kit. Back ordered for months. I actually found it at a local parts shop I go to. At least Summit kept me updated.
I’ve definitely had issues with Summit, but the way they responded and resolved all of those issues was exemplary. When you speak with someone they are informative and courteous.

I had a set of super stock springs show up beat to ****, like UPS used them as loading ramps. No questions asked, I had a return label in 5 mins, and new springs in two days and ups just picked up the old ones.

Nobody is perfect, and I like supporting companies that support the Mopar community. But I’m not dealing with piss poor communication and customer service.

I agree with you about Mancini. Every time I have called them it seems like they're pissed off and don't have time for you.
Summit's customer service is good but even they run into delays. On the phone on hold with them right now. :D

Good old Nigel at National Moparts, bailing folks out! Amazing what he has in stock in his little shop in Beaverton/Gamebridge. Everyone and their brother is a month or more out on B body radio antennas, but Nigel had one in stock for me last week!
AND their prices are in Canadian dollars. Bought my MH harness through Nigel, a lot cheaper than YO even though Nigel gets it through YO. This was about 6 years ago.
Aside a very good friend Cam Stuart‘s family owned Bonnie Stuart Shoes.
Cam built a lot of interesting cars. 32 Vickie coupe with modern drive train, Nash Metropolitan with a v8 of some sort, and other things. His dad special ordered a 68 top of the line Ford full size wagon to haul shoe samples. It was a 428 I think CJ with a 4 speed. Cam ran it at a nearby drag strip.
Cam said why go through the trouble to find original parts when you can build it your way much easier. Sometimes I wonder!

Last edited:
is back order 2 words or one........... either way I hate that word !
It is properly one word. It’s what’s called a compound word. We learned about them in third grade. But I’m old, lol. Nowadays, autocorrect changes almost all compound words to two words. One of my biggest pet peeves is the separation of “cannot”.

Auto Transport Service
Back