• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just asking...Super Bee stripe alternatives?

Mocajava

Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
FBBO members, I read somewhere of a member talking about using someone else besides Pheonix Graphics and being happy with the results. I can't find that thread again because I think it was off topic and I can't remember where it was. I am looking for an alternative to the traditional stripe and looking for a resource. Thinking about a carbon fiber pattern in a vinyl decal. Just asking if anyone had any experience with other companies that replicate the Bee stripe. Thanks in advance!

I ordered the stripes for my Charger from Stencils and Stripes. They have been on the car for 17 years and last year I noticed a couple places where the stripe had cracked/separated. The cracks were very small. I chalked it up to age and actually ordered the hood decal from them last summer when I switched to a Ramcharger hood to ensure that it matched the side stripes. My body man did say that he thought the hood decal was very thin, so you may want to ask around about the thickness of vinyl each company uses. My review sounds like you would want to stay away from them, but I was pleased with the longevity of the product and have not purchased stripes from any other companies to compare to.

Performance Car Graphics is who I like. Far better company than Phoenix imo.

You can check with a good quality body shop in your area for a referral for a custom striper - they can make it. As far as Phoenix, I've used their products many times over many years for factory designs... I would not use anyone else; I've never had anything but a top quality, great fit decal/stripe/emblem, etc.

Thanks for the references gents! As I said I was thinking about a carbon fiber vinyl twist but in looking at the decal I will have to get a separate decal overlayed on top or the Bee would just be a blob of Carbon fiber with no definition. Still researching this thought.

I have stripes around the *** end of my 66 Belvedere. Sure, I know they don't belong there, but it's my car so-- what the hell do I care. Actually, they were painted on during a full body paint, then clear-coated, etc. Result = No decal to lift or tear. Just an alternative idea.
002.jpg

Painted on is the best way to go, I know it's not true to the factory but far better.

image.jpgYes Hemi and 747 that's what I DID!

Auto Transport Service
Back