• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUST curious if I got a.deal or.screwed

kthomas

Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
1969 4 door sport satellite 318 I .know trans 3 speed automatic power steering works has all a/c components the seats.are crap everything else is excellent.condition.minor rust on trunk.. starts.and.drives.with no problem clear title in my NAME I paid 2500'for.car.108'for title
And im.bucks.into it getting it street legal...how did I.do what's the value of it..pics on my profile

I couldn't find your pictures, but $2500 for a running, driving car isn't bad. If you like it, that is really all that matters. Hopefully it doesn't need too much to get it on the street.

Good luck with your new car!

Hawk

I had a friend in the new car business who said the rule of thumb with a new car is this: If you bought the car, you got screwed. Old cars are worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

I pretty much got screwed on mine and it will be worth about 1/2 of the money invested when done. I was amazed at how much rust and bondo was hiding under ten year old paint with just a few minor bubbles.

I'll have to agree with R.C.. 4 doors and 318's do not excite me at all. I would be willing to bet the guy you bought it from is extremely happy. After looking at your photos I wonder what happened to the side marker lights ? If you are satisfied with it, that is really all that matters. You can go to nada.com and get a value for it in your area. In my area it says $2126.00-$5906.00. I wish you good luck with your project.

Two things, you can fix it up and enjoy or you can minimize how much you put into it and flip it later on. Use it for a "stepping stone"

Good luck and have fun with it!

Ive been thinking of flipping it wife hates it...happy wife happy life...have had it on cl for like a.month...no good offers yet

Sorry but it's just the 4 door thing with most in the Hobby. Doesn't matter what Marquee you buy and drive. They just don't cut it for many. Oh...I have seen some really bad *** sleepers that were 4 doors in my day. But if it isn't a Station Wagon, 2 doors, or an E Body, they just are not as appealing IMHFO. Good luck with CL add though...cr8crshr/Tuck

KTHOMAS---Not knowing your situation i will only offer this. Do something nice for the wife and she will forget about the car. If this car is what you can afford then keep it. Do some body work were needed,get it painted at Macco,fix it up maybe dual exhaust,four barrel and cam and have some fun with it. Don't let anyone tell you its only a lowly four door. Its a old car and you can still enjoy yourself. You'll be involved and its better then not having anything to putz around with. Just a suggestion

Hate to sound sexist, but lots of gals can't see the potential of things past their current state*.

I know several couples, that, even though the wife LOVES the finished projects, they always complain about how trashy the "before" state is.

* the exception is that most gals also try to mold their men into what their idea of a man's potential. Funny.

If it was shiny, I bet she'd like it more.

I find that when I'm asking if I got a good deal or did I get screwed, there's always 1 true way to find out:

Ask yourself, "Self, does my butthole hurt?" if yes, then yes, you in fact might have gotten screwed

Thank you to everbody input.. its a cammed 4 barrel aluminum intake engine with 3 in from headers to flow masters.. gonna.get tires soon had two blow outs due dry rot. I feel like I.got a.great deal on something this rust.free and straight... I have finely found a person that well do paint and body work for 1400 after having a 12000 bid and 7000 bid...this is my 3rd car to restore I.hate how people wanna play me for dumb.

check out your Maaco as well. You can get some pretty experienced guys there doing paint and bodywork for decent prices.

I don't think you got screwed. $2500 doesn't buy much now a days. I think I will look really nice after paint and interior work. I personally like my cars the way I like them, not how others see it. But the drawback is resale value isn't there unfortunately.

Auto Transport Service
Back