• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just got my B3E machined valvetrain geometry correction shaft spacers and I have a question..

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
Since I'm sending the entire package along to my builder and it's Saturday and I don't want to call Michael at B3 on a weekend, I am asking here.
I see the holes in a couple of these valvetrain geometry correction spacers are different shapes. On one end of the zip tied stack the hole is basically round, but some have additional material removed at 12 and 6 o'clock.
Can anyone tell me about this please?

20221105_122115.jpg
20221105_122127.jpg
20221105_122047.jpg

And I can't help but show off my rocker arms before I send them off to the builder:
20221105_122006.jpg
20221105_122025.jpg
20221105_122037.jpg

Those go in the bolt holes that pass oil to the rocker shafts. 4th bolt from the front on each side.

Those go in the bolt holes that pass oil to the rocker shafts. 4th bolt from the front on each side.
So since I'm not cutting that zip tie that holds them together, there should be 2 "odd" ones w/the extra material removed, and the other 8 just a "circular" opening?
Thanks!

So since I'm not cutting that zip tie that holds them together, there should be 2 "odd" ones w/the extra material removed, and the other 8 just a "circular" opening?
Thanks!
Yeah there should be an 'oiler' for each side. Lawd have mercy I can't wait for that engine to come to life....!

Yeah there should be an 'oiler' for each side. Lawd have mercy I can't wait for that engine to come to life....!
Thanks. I'm not sure if your enthusiasm is because I may post less about it or if you are genuinely excited for the potential.
:lol: :luvplace::thankyou::)

Thanks. I'm not sure if your enthusiasm is because I may post less about it or if you are genuinely excited for the potential.
:lol: :luvplace::thankyou::)
Excited for you! I know the journey's been looong. I wanna hear that monster...and see a clip of yellow bird lifting the front wheels!!:monkeyleft:

What kind of oil are you going to use?
:lol:

What kind of oil are you going to use?
:lol:
I'll probably not add that to my edited signature (novel) but I am too far away from the assembly and have not discussed that with the builder.
Whatever the best is that I can find for my application.
I hope once it's broken in to use a synthetic. With mechanical roller lifters, I don't need to be as concerned about additives for flat tappet, and I've been using "regular" Valvoline in the 421 Tripower GTO since it's been broken in, and it has hydraulic rollers, but I'll probably switch to a synthetic.
They see less than 3,000 miles a year, so oil that stays "good" but does a great job is the baseline.

Auto Transport Service
Back