• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Biomedtechguy 572 Bill Mitchell aluminum RB block build thread and other stuff...

Why are you so against an engine & trans plates?? My elephant is set back 2.5 inches.

17389093_1015962435214982_7135679318114370910_o.jpg

17545537_1016335141844378_3419577339614357864_o.jpg

Big news. I just got confirmation that the rotating assembly has been shipped to the shop doing my build. Molnar crank (4.5 stroke) and rods, Diamond pistons, etc.
Michael at B3 just emailed me that the T&D rockers are in, but the valvetrain geometry correction parts are still about 2-3 weeks out from him being able to do. That should work out OK for me timing wise.

Hey guys, thanks for the "likes" I really appreciate the encouragement, and the time/attention it takes for you all to read my posts in this thread.
:luvplace: :thankyou::moparsmiley::thumbsup:
I called my long time friend who has been into "performance cars", the street race scene back in our teenage and early 20s days, and now Test and Tune nights at the drag strip. A number of my friends can be described like that, but this guy, Dennis, is the one with the 2005 or 2006 supercharged yellow Corvette. I was and remain impressed by what he was able to do with the factory ECU, a centrifugal blower, and a custom intake manifold, injectors, a "tune" and drag radials. Mid to LOW 9s around 140MPH before he finally punched a rod out the side of the LS block....
So he got a DART "LSX" block and I knew I may be drifting further back from being able to beat him once I get my 572 dialed in, hooked up, and on a 300 shot of N²O.
Well I called him today to share my excitement that my rotating assembly has shipped to the shop, my T&D rockers are in, etc etc. He has changed out the intake, added a "sandwich" style intercooler, and switched from the factory ECU to a Holley ECU setup. Not only will the Holley control system offer more tuning options, but the DATA he captures, IF he learns how to interpret what he sees, will give him a powerful tool to even further increase the performance of his Corvette, and the DART block should handle it. He's going to be in the 8s in no time!
Now I'm pretty sure that if I wanted to have my current components in my build set up for a 600HP shot of N²O instead of 350HP which was the plan, the parts can handle it, but I don't think my 855 Passon 5 speed would, and who knows what I'd have to do to make my car hook.
So I'm just going to stick with my plan, and hope it doesn't take too long for me to get the 572 Naturally Aspirated to hook, and then add my 300 shot N²O to the setup and get that to hook up too.

I’ll be impressed if you can get that beast down the track.
Watching your posts, my 3rd pedal compadre, and I have the "right parts and systems" in place.
My challenge, that I'm working on, is finding making the time to dial it all in.
I could even practice by my house with my current engine as the roads are sparsely used. I probably won't try my local streets for practice with the 572, I don't want to wind up in the ditch on either side of the road.

I've got to get my deal figured out. As far as I can figure I'm at about 400 HP, and if I'm not at the track on slicks I have no traction. Don't know how some of these guys do it.

Do you have a local road to safely test? You can get your carbs close and be sure the engine is happy through the RPM range.

Do you have a local road to safely test? You can get your carbs close and be sure the engine is happy through the RPM range.
First, that supercharger on that Hemi sounds...like everything that makes up all of the best muscle car stories of the United States so special!
Yes, I have made some hits and launch thru 1, 2, 3rd gear pulls on the road in front of my house, with my current 440 6bbl, about a mile away. It's in a wildlife preserve, and sees little traffic.
BUT
There is a ditch on both sides, so I can only do what I can control. I'd hate to have to get pulled out of a ditch.
That may not offer as many performance test categories once the 572 is under the hood.
Thanks!

I can't get traction from a dead stop,so I have to roll out and slowly go to WOT. This is enough data to so I can see what is going on.

I can't get traction from a dead stop,so I have to roll out and slowly go to WOT. This is enough data to so I can see what is going on.
Thanks.
Man, you know we used to talk every now and then..I've been so overwhelmed by work and obligations my wife has been assigning to me that I haven't had time to do much, but being miserable is a good motivator to make time to enjoy some aspect of my life. I actually like my work, and get paid and appreciated for doing my job, so you can guess what's pissing me off.
Anyway, I have Cruisin the Coast coming in less than a month, so maybe the work on her GTO and my Roadrunner that must be done will serve as an icebreaker to do stuff with my car again, like dialing in the HitMaster launch control. I've only turned on the power for it, never made any adjustments or tried it out even, and it's been installed for almost 2 years! That construction project in Mississippi, a place to spend the week for Cruisin the Coast, was the main reason for the complete lack of time or choice of how to spend it. Now that the place is built, she still comes up with stuff for me to do like I don't have any say in the matter, but my response to that is changing. It has to.

Why only 1.5 rockers?
Doug
Hey Doug and everyone else, I am about to get the T&D rocker arms and valvetrain geometry correction kit from Michael at B3 Racing Engines.
:thumbsup: :bananadance:
They are 1.6 ratio, so I'll get a bit more lift than I thought, but still under the .700 that the "top" version of TF 270s are set up for.
Around .660 lift deducting the lash. I have the 6161T784-CO1 on order, and those are the ones that TF have listed for roller lifters and .700 lift.

Auto Transport Service
Back