• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K Frame question, Please help!

Yep, that would be correct.....must have let that go right thru my brain, lol!!

Thanks for all the input guys. I truly appreciate it. Yeah, mine is a column shift. Heck, I tried to adjust the kickdown now, and it won't work...Ugh!!
I guess there is more to know than I thought. Would it be easier to do a small block? I can get some HP out of one. Or is there no difference, when it comes to swapping to a V8?

I will google MoparMarks. I never heard of them. I will ask Kramer when they call back. I didn't know they carried that stuff. I called about a Fender last Friday. They never called back yet, but they said they do have them.
Update...I just realized he was on the board after I google him...

Here I am.:eusa_whistle:
WOW 360 bucks for a plain used V-8 K-frame? I have nice ones for 125.00. If you are going to the trouble of using a later frame then you might as well go with a 68 and up with the improved Idler Arm mount.

Attachments

• 20140621_085557.jpg
    20140621_085557.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 159
I would check out MoparMarks he may have one or Kramer he may have one also

I'm insulted Mr B! You didn't even think of me. I do have a clean early V-8 K. And I'm close by... and sold you that beauty of a 63 body. -Don

BTW... I have an early BB cable shift trans as well, 65 cars are still cable shift even though they have column mounted shift lever. The 6 cyl trans cables (column) are the same for BB trans. I have some good used cables for 64-5 pushbutton cars too.

Use the 1965 k-member. It's a lot easier swap. We used a QA1 cross member in my 65 Coronet and it required a lot hammering on the tranny tunnel. Came out nice, but a lot of labor. tranny mount was modified to pick up the Schumacher mount. We are using a latter model torqueflight. You may need a new drive shaft. We are putting the motor and tranny in from the bottom using a fixture that bolts to the frame rails. Much easier to do. Lots of little things, but nothing too hard. This site is a good source for information.

sorry Don didn't know you were on this site I will know from now on

- - - Updated - - -

hay TonyPa pm me I will give you Dons number

Trans Mount

sorry Don didn't know you were on this site I will know from now on

- - - Updated - - -

hay TonyPa pm me I will give you Dons number

If this will help, here's a picture of my modified transmission mount. It coincides with the 69 B body K frame that's in my 64 Belvedere. image.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 206726

Auto Transport Service
Back