• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB K member 68/69/70 (charger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse6869

Local time
9:54 PM
Reaction score
Looking for 68/69/70 k member preferably complete unit minus brakes for a 69 charger
Thank u

If you make it to michigan I have k member lower control arms, sway bar, torsion bars and possibly the power steering box. Shipping would be tough.

K member and center link would do it
, shipping I know hoping I can get one closer thank u

I have one you need, shoot me a pm with your number. I am willing to ship from Florida

70 is one year only It can be swapped in but you'll need everything as an assembly... 68-69 have minor variances but you can swap them...

The 70 has a better sway bar design. The motor mounts and steering box mounts are identical otherwise.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I do have a 71 k member love the sway bar how it goes through the k member I’ve put lot of money in upgrades steering box,PST upgrades, FFI sway bar ,SPT UCArms, powder coated all reinforced steering box mounts and lower control arms. And 14” wilwood brakes for stock drum spindles. All to find out steering linkage hits oil pan and had to shim steering box to align to steering column. My problem so I’m not happy do I replace all for Reilly sport front and $$$$.I bought this motor and don’t want to change oil pan ,but even if I change to steering from a 68/69 I don’t think that will change steering hitting oil pan.

Come on, man....Take a step back and read what you wrote.
You want to change either the K member or the entire front suspension just to keep an oil pan that is poorly designed. That is like buying a hat that is too small and then going to a surgeon to have your skull size reduced.
Can you fit Fast Ratio steering arms in and still clear the headers? If so, they are about 5/8" longer than stock and would clear your pan.
The 71-72 K members do have a slightly different steering box mount angle and the center link reflects that. A 66-70 B body K member would have the right angle but I doubt it would clear that sump. The welds do look nice but the sump should have been about 5/8" further forward or slightly smaller to clear steering linkage. Is this a custom pan? Did the builder ever actually test fit it in a car to ensure fitment?
A 6 quart HEMI pan and a windage tray clears everything and is far more than adequate for all but dedicated, hard core road racing.

Strangely this is a situation where the quick ratio idler arm/pitman arm will give you more room....

Come on, man....Take a step back and read what you wrote.
You want to change either the K member or the entire front suspension just to keep an oil pan that is poorly designed. That is like buying a hat that is too small and then going to a surgeon to have your skull size reduced.
Can you fit Fast Ratio steering arms in and still clear the headers? If so, they are about 5/8" longer than stock and would clear your pan.
The 71-72 K members do have a slightly different steering box mount angle and the center link reflects that. A 66-70 B body K member would have the right angle but I doubt it would clear that sump. The welds do look nice but the sump should have been about 5/8" further forward or slightly smaller to clear steering linkage. Is this a custom pan? Did the builder ever actually test fit it in a car to ensure fitment?
A 6 quart HEMI pan and a windage tray clears everything and is far more than adequate for all but dedicated, hard core road racing.

Greg covered it better than I did... He's spot on...

Kern dog yes correct all for an oil pan , the oil pan was put on by Tim banning for Hemis only, called him already said he had no problems with clearance issues , is it the motor mounts moving motor back 1/4 they are tin man mounts knock off of Schumacher design maybe. With headers TTI fast ratio was my next answer but won’t fit already called FFI they say it adds 1 1/2 plus if motor moves forward power steering hits fans
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That is a lot of pictures of the P/S pump and fan!

I'm not familiar with the motor mounts that you mentioned. Does the transmission mount line up correctly? Sometimes the trans mount will show when the motor mount brackets are installed wrong. That is a hard thing to do though since the casting lugs are designed to only properly fit one way. Crazy things happen though. Are the brackets installed like this?

383 P.jpg
383 R.jpg

Ya pictures overflow, motor is 572 hemi gen 2 I’m custom building this car, SST 6 speed all went well had to enlarge tunnel , motor mount are conversion from tin man big block to hemi hard to se motor mounts but this is all new to me and I’ve been checking forums as I do build so far all has gone well except this clearance issue
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well, heck...You lost me at Hemi !
I wish that I had some answers that helped. Just an FYI, some companies will state that their stuff won't fit with the Fast Ratio arms just to be safe. TTI claimed as such with the headers that I have in my car. The F/R arms fit with 3/4" of clearance !
A buddy is sending me a set of those Fast Ratio arms. I can measure them or the ones on my '70 Charger and let you know what I see. Who knows, this may be a solution.

That would be perfect, would really appreciate that , that might solve all my problems.

This is with a 440 based 493, 2" TTI headers and the Fast Ratio arms. Of course your Hem uses different headers but this shows how the linkage clears the 6 quart HEMI pan too.

92.JPG
10-19 E.jpg

Well it’s worth a try, cheaper answer if it works, that’s tomorrow’s purchase.
thanks for your feedback I appreciate it

If you message me during this weekend, I can put the Charger on the lift and get a measurement from my car. You'll need to remind me as I will surely get busy with other things! For the record, the Fast Ratio idler arm is very similar to the 1970 Dodge Polara OEM idler arm!
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back