• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K-Member

ply66mouth

Local time
10:52 PM
Reaction score
Hey can anyone tell me if there is a difference in a 67 Coronet 318 K member and a 66 Belvedere 383 K member? Looking to install a 383 in my 6cyl Belvedere and I found a 67 Coronet with a 318 and is there any difference in the torsion bars?

No difference at all, other than the diameter of the torsion bars is slightly thicker on the big block versus both the small block and the Six. I don't have the exact measurement handy for these at the moment.

318 and 361/383 2bbl engines used the same wimpy torsion bars.

318 and 383 K member the same. 6 cyl K member won’t accept any V8 with factory mounts.

318 and 361/383 2bbl engines used the same wimpy torsion bars.

318 and 383 K member the same. 6 cyl K member won’t accept any V8 with factory mounts.

I read the question as "difference in torsion bars" (yes) and "difference between a '67 318 K-frame and '66 383 K-frame (no)" I'd have to look for certain on the 318 vs 361/383 torsion bar diameters. Seemed to me there is a difference. Hell, maybe not.

It’s all about the 2 barrel carb. A 383-4bbl carb has bigger t-bars. I’ve looked this up, it’s true. I had a B-body 2bbl car with AC and it wanted to tip over going around the corner, it had factory installed 318 bars, and it said so on the broadcast sheet. Numbers 776/777. WTF were they thinking?

A 68-69 v8 k member will also fit and gives you more options for the pitman arms. The 66-67 use a tapered stud to mount to the k whereas the 68-69 use a through bolt. Arguably the 68-69 are a little more robust at the pitman mount

It would help out to install a V-8 sway bar as well. The /6 would not have had one. Try to get the bigger bars out of an R/T or GTX that someone is parting out. Be aware that there are left and right side bars that are not interchangeable. Odd # on the end of bar goes on left (driver) side ; even # goes on passenger side.

Last edited:
A 68-69 v8 k member will also fit and gives you more options for the pitman arms. The 66-67 use a tapered stud to mount to the k whereas the 68-69 use a through bolt. Arguably the 68-69 are a little more robust at the pitman mount
You mean Idler Arm. The Pitman Arm mounts to the steering box

Auto Transport Service
Back