• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

k members

Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
I am considering on two k member set ups for my 1969 Roadrunner. Magnum Force or RMS, can I get some feed back on both. Not sure what to pick. I heard the Magnum Force set up pulls
on inner fender wells and stretches after a couple of years. If anyone out there had experience
with these products can you let me know.
Thanks , Dino

I've been researching this same thing. I've seen some reports of failures from the Magnum force units. The latest one was on Facebook today on an A-body, it completely broke pulling out of the guys' driveway. My good friend had one on a Pro-Street Cuda' and it was a nice piece however.
I was checking out the RMS and Gerst pieces at Carlisle this past weekend. Both are very nice and very well built. I plan on buying from them when I research a little more.

http://www.gerstsuspensions.com/1966-to-1972-mopar--b-body-tubular-k-frame-kits.html

image.jpeg
I have the RMS alterkation and the street Lynx. Awesome! I love it!!! Bill is a great guy to deal with and assists with whatever you need or have questions with. Best guy I have dealt with.

I've been researching this same thing. I've seen some reports of failures from the Magnum force units. The latest one was on Facebook today on an A-body, it completely broke pulling out of the guys' driveway. My good friend had one on a Pro-Street Cuda' and it was a nice piece however.
I was checking out the RMS and Gerst pieces at Carlisle this past weekend. Both are very nice and very well built. I plan on buying from them when I research a little more.

http://www.gerstsuspensions.com/1966-to-1972-mopar--b-body-tubular-k-frame-kits.html
Thanks for your input.

Gerst Tubular Suspension

QA1

area also good alternatives

SPC double adjustable UCA's

Ridetech also

Magnum force IIRC you have to do the inner fender reinforcement
to have them stiff enough to use coil overs/conversions...

seen a bunch Reilly MS stuff never personally used any,
Capps Automotive & now owned by QA1 has been on my last few cars,
I've elected to use torsion bars, thou, not reinventing the wheel...

A ton of options out there...

i got the RMS Alterktion front, and it fit in like a glove. it bolted right in place, drilled a couple of holes and it was perfect. ride is way stiffer and no body roll, and the power rack is sweet, just my opinion.us ordered the street lynx 4 link for the rear. and there customer service was real nice. I'm going to go with us cartool re-inforcement kit. just to get even more strength out of it. get double adjustable shocks. i just seen a QA1 kit it was a lot more money but DAMM it was beefy real nice stuff.

IMG_20140814_155205_449.jpg IMG_20150704_195124_895.jpg

i got the RMS Alterktion front, and it fit in like a glove. it bolted right in place, drilled a couple of holes and it was perfect. ride is way stiffer and no body roll, and the power rack is sweet, just my opinion.us ordered the street lynx 4 link for the rear. and there customer service was real nice. I'm going to go with us cartool re-inforcement kit. just to get even more strength out of it. get double adjustable shocks. i just seen a QA1 kit it was a lot more money but DAMM it was beefy real nice stuff.

View attachment 350641 View attachment 350643
I heard the QA1 did not fit to well, thanks for the input very appreciated.

All my QA1 stuff fit great...
All the Capps Automotive stuff before the QA1 buy out fit great too...

I found them really affordable...

all ballpark prices
$550 K-member
$400 lower control arms
I had the UCA's too switched to SPC double adjustable $250 each...
dynamic adj. strut rods $180

it ain't no $2500-$3500

All my QA1 stuff fit great...
All the Capps Automotive stuff before the QA1 buy out fit great too...

I found them really affordable...

all ballpark prices
$550 K-member
$400 lower control arms
I had the UCA's too switched to SPC double adjustable $250 each...
dynamic adj. strut rods $180

it ain't no $2500-$3500
Thanks for your input

I have heard magnum force has bad bump steer. A buddy just got Gerst for his dart and the quality is spot on and His customer service has been great, that says a lot when you are dealing with the guy making them!

AlterKtion/4 link on my GTX. Rides like a dream and handles like a slot car! Have you SEEN that Star Wars Batmobile looking Magnum Force get up??????? It looks heavy (don't know the actual weight) and it sure does'n look like it leaves much room ,or easy access anyway, for things like headers or exhaust system installation.
I have 6600 miles in this car now. My only issue has been the bushings in the 4 link system. Lots of discussion in my thread "Suspension clunking noises" about the 4 link set up. I still like it a lot and can't see changing it although I would spend some more time researching 4 links and other rear systems if I had it to do over.

IMG_1362.jpg IMG_1367.jpg 4 Link (Small).jpg View attachment 351120 Alterktion 012.jpg Alterktion 013.jpg

AlterKtion/4 link on my GTX. Rides like a dream and handles like a slot car! Have you SEEN that Star Wars Batmobile looking Magnum Force get up??????? It looks heavy (don't know the actual weight) and it sure does'n look like it leaves much room ,or easy access anyway, for things like headers or exhaust system installation.
I have 6600 miles in this car now. My only issue has been the bushings in the 4 link system. Lots of discussion in my thread "Suspension clunking noises" about the 4 link set up. I still like it a lot and can't see changing it although I would spend some more time researching 4 links and other rear systems if I had it to do over.

View attachment 351109 View attachment 351110 View attachment 351111 View attachment 351120 View attachment 351121 View attachment 351122
Thanks for the input, more and more leaning towards RMS

I stuck with the K-member and added the upgraded firmfeel kit. Then got the TVS system from Hotchkis...best bang for buck...and I know Hotchkis does a lot of test and tune for the system...not just a bunch of random parts stuck together...but a really great thought out system...just my .02

I stuck with the K-member and added the upgraded firmfeel kit. Then got the TVS system from Hotchkis...best bang for buck...and I know Hotchkis does a lot of test and tune for the system...not just a bunch of random parts stuck together...but a really great thought out system...just my .02
I have Hotchkis suspension parts on my 60 Elcamino, like them a lot. I'm getting pretty good feedback from a lot of you guys. Helps a lot. Fairly new to the Mopar family. Git a lot of experience with GM and some Ford. Learning a lot from you old salts in Mopar. Thanks for the input.

I also had a Hotchkis TVS on a 69 Dart GTS . It was awesome. That car was a slot car too but the ride wasn't as comfortable as the RMS package, which gives you plenty of adjustability for return rates and ride height.

I have heard magnum force has bad bump steer. A buddy just got Gerst for his dart and the quality is spot on and His customer service has been great, that says a lot when you are dealing with the guy making them!
Thanks for the input, looking into Gerst also.

I run the AlterKtion front suspension in my Hemi Mirada, and I love it. It handles great, and it's very well made. I've put about 6000 miles on it so far, and I've had no issues.

Auto Transport Service
Back