• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keith Black blocks

laryatlas

Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone out there enlighten me on KB blocks, Ive had one on order for 15 Mos. I have talked to the owner several times and actually visited the facility last April. The excuses are plentiful and options scarce, Help!

How much are they? i may have access to an absolutely mint kb water block locally.......

it was ordered through competition components, cost is around 5500 with correct sleeves and machining for my application. the reason for my post mainly was to see if any one else has got one recently or knows something about the company?

I'd just keep calling Ken every week until I got some results. 15 months is WAYYY too long to wait. No excuse for that.
I bought my KB block in 2006 and had it in about 6 months, but a lot has changed since then. My block was about $5k back then.

If there was some way to get your money back, you could always get an Indy aluminum block. No problem getting one of those. Just get it through a dealer and don't deal directly w/ Indy. Not as nice in my opinion as the KB blocks are, but if you can't get your hands on a KB, the Indy sure sounds good.

Thanks for responding big hemi. I'm pretty sure I'm throwing in the towel, now he says he has no sleeves. This has certainly been the longest line of bulls--t I've ever been through!

Just to update you Keith Black Racing closed their doors in Nov of 2008, they were trying to refi...I will try to check and see what I can find out for you... last known number I had was 562 869 1518... with an email of [email protected]... ones I have had GREAT luck building are the Donvans out of Torrance Ca...they have been around a long time the 70's started off making alum Sm Block chevies sending a link to their website check em....they do NOT make a 426 but do make a 392 AND a 417.... or you can go Indy

http://www.donovanengines.com/donovan-417-hemi-aluminum-blocks/

Thanks poppa surf, He might have quit sending anything out but his doors are still open and he still takes money. I visited his shop and have talked to him many times

KB most definitely did not close up shop in 2008...not for good anyway. There's been a lot of people that have gotten blocks from them since then. I've bought a few small things from them since then too.

The HP Performance blocks are not being made. Neither are the Koleno blocks you see on Koffel's outdated website.

It's racing season now too stuff will take longer usually during the higher demand/attrition/carnage...

15 months is ridiculous thou...

KB most definitely did not close up shop in 2008...not for good anyway. There's been a lot of people that have gotten blocks from them since then. I've bought a few small things from them since then too.

The HP Performance blocks are not being made. Neither are the Koleno blocks you see on Koffel's outdated website.

Is the HP Performance website outdated also? They say they have 4 Hemi blocks available, I was going back and forth between them and BMP but now I'm confused. Thanks, Al

I stand corrected. I actually just got off the phone w/ HP Performance and they ARE making blocks. They got restarted recently after being down for a couple years after their initial launch...that was the last I'd heard and didn't know they were up and running again.
The blocks are aluminum, hemi or wedge, tall deck or low deck. None in stock b/c they go out as fast as he gets them in. Should have more available to ship in about 3 weeks and hopefully by mid year he'll have a bunch in stock ready to ship...that's the goal.
VERY nice guy to talk to and from everything I've heard about their blocks, I would not hesitate to use one.
HP Performance 865-310-7513

Sure seems like a good thing w/ KB being tough to deal with lately and Indy being, well, Indy.

My builder has been waiting on KB crap, forever. I just picked up a 4.50", Mopar, mega-block on Wed.

Thanks Missile I think thats the direction Im going in. Needs extra machining though

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't racing season in Nov. 2014

Auto Transport Service
Back