• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ken Block -Another drive on a fun road.

That truck looks cool. I wish the engines in these drift vehicles didn't sound like an over-revved weed whacker.

that guy can drive

Love the Hoonigan videos. Kicks ***! The cars and trucks they build are insane too.

This run-up pikes peak by Ken Block is the first time I saw what he does. --It is two -or so- years old and really impressed me. (kinda like wingsuit base jumpers are impressive).

Perfect mating of man and machine. Certainly has no fear of death, on a couple of turns he took something off the walls. I would have liked to have been able to see a speedometer and tachometer in one corner. Sounds like a pissed off bumblebee.

Over The Mountain

Fit the bill well

How many times do you think he ran over the Panda Bear before he got it right?? :lol:

I heard on one of those videos that they mod a T-5 trans with the long shifter you see. Notice his left leg doesnt move during the video, clutch unneeded at speed?

Dude's got some brass ones!

How is it the tires aren't worn down to the belts after the first minute or so?
Multiple edits.
I'm sure you noticed the tire marks on several sections of the pavement before he approached a curve. Just like in TV or the movies, it sometimes requires multiple "Takes" to get the right shot.
I'm sure he has a few sets of tires and wheels on hand for these events. IT is easy to lose focus on how it is done on cloudy days because there are NO shadows to indicate what time of day that it is. In this video, it looks like he ran this course continuously.
For example:
Look at almost any TV show or movie where the scenes are outside. Look at the shadows. It is a real good indicator. I notice how a car is parked on ONE side of the road for a scene and just a moment later, it is on the other side of the road with the shadows going the other direction. Sometimes a scene is shot where it is supposed to be early in the day yet the shadows show it to be noon. Early morning and late afternoon have long shadows and a more golden/yellow hue.
Ken Block had a video that was shot in San Francisco and it had to be done REAL early on Sundays to avoid interference from people and cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back