• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kenwood 4x10 speaker

Well, I replaced the front speaker in my '67 Coronet with two 3" speakers. Sounds great. Saw this idea somewhere on the interweb but I don't remember where. HTH

I was thinking of the same thing but most reviews I have read tend to say that due to the lack of separation of the speaker that the stereo effect is lost.

I am looking at doing a radio conversion and the guy said he has done 2 speaker set ups using the kenwood I linked. It's a 2 way speaker so supposed to sound good.

IMG_0078.jpgThis is what I did with mine. Added 2 3 1/2" speakers with a speaker adaptor

I had the Speaker Exchange in Florida rebuild my original, it was $80 bucks.

With the lack of separation it was recommended to me to go to a 3 speaker system as the 2 smaller front speakers so close wouldn't sound that great and it was tough to get a big enough speaker so as not to overdrive it. The guy said the Kenwood single upfront would sound just as good and then have 2 6x9's in the parcel tray.

I am looking into having my stock AM radio converted.

Auto Transport Service
Back