• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kiwi Valiant is re-born Easter 2022 . . .

Interesting seeing the differences between right and left hand drive.....and the driver's window treatment and visor....is that aftermarket parts?

Not sure what I find more amazing... that fantastic car & the marvelous job it's become, OR, why you people down-under drive upside-down & don't fall off the planet.

Especially the steering gear bolted to the frame rail instead of the K frame.

Where's the wiper motor?

Cliff's A-Body/Valiant car is cool @kiwigtx

I don't know about the mudflaps
(save it from lil' chips) it doesn't look obnoxious
& it fits with the window wind/rain deflectors & that visor
fits the style of the build, like a granddad or grandma's old car
they always had a few lil' touches like that
(well the ones I knew anyway)

Albeit, I've never been a more door guy...
but;
I do like the older cars, his attention to detail...
It's cool he saved/restored it to it's former glory
kept faithful to the intent & it's originality...

the homemade headers are just cool too

Last edited:
Neat car, and nice to see it getting back on the road!

The header looks cool, and should help some with power, although few 225 /6's have ever been considered power houses. But the truth is, these cars are simply fun to put around in.

Great car - looking forward to seeing it driving around!

Where's the wiper motor?
The wiper motor is under the dashboard - that was standard on some of the early Aussie Valiants....up to around '67. Some were like American cars and were on the firewall. Depends on the models.

My mom taught me to drive in a blue valiant with an slant six engine and a landau roof , cool car, love the color and the level of detail in the engine compartment.
Ps the steering wheel and the pedals are in the wrong side of the car.:lol:

My mom taught me to drive in a blue valiant with an slant six engine and a landau roof , cool car, love the color and the level of detail in the engine compartment.
Ps the steering wheel and the pedals are in the wrong side of the car.:lol:
:p

Here is the video of Cliff on the day he picked the car up ....back in early 2017.......not a very good day weather wise....

Tune in at 1:15....for the reason for the steering wheel position... :lol:

Opinions being sought on the mudflaps.....do they stay, or do they go
Looking at the picture of the front tire, the tar started further back because of them. If not for them that tar would be up the door and a lot further back. If that's common road conditions, I'd leave them, but I'm not a fan. I have my own story about that, but I won't bore you with it. Super story, thanks for sharing!!!!

Cool video. AAAHHH the whine of a slant 6 with its powertrain, don't hear that characteristic any more, it's talking!!! NICE OLD MACHINE
Driving wrong side of road, YIKES!!
BUT I LIKE MY 6-SPEED!! :D
20180112_132613_1515781712245.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back