• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Knee issues

My Mom had both knees replaced at the same time when she was 84. She lived another 7+ years. No regrets she said. Physical therapy afterwards is key; and then continue being active.

Ok, right knee meniscus tear and surgery in 2018, now it’s hurts most all the time. Meloxicam works great for the pain so I can play golf twice a week and on Sunday. Back problems for 45 years, sometimes in bed for days, gets better I go back to work (still work on the back side of 71) now my right shoulder, maybe the cuff. If pains get to bad I’ll take an Oxy but most time the mox will work. I would get a new knee but that would mean I’m done working, can’t take the time, to much work. Maybe when I get past 80.
Forgot to add, lower leg strength loss because of the tear, I think, can’t walk 40 ft. Feels like shin splints. Stumbling all the time and falling because I can’t pick my feet up, have to set down then grab and pull my foot up to put on my socks. Can’t get out of a deep sitting couch either, forget rummaging on the floor. lol

Last edited:
Ok, right knee meniscus tear and surgery in 2018, now it’s hurts most all the time. Meloxicam works great for the pain so I can play golf twice a week and on Sunday. Back problems for 45 years, sometimes in bed for days, gets better I go back to work (still work on the back side of 71) now my right shoulder, maybe the cuff. If pains get to bad I’ll take an Oxy but most time the mox will work. I would get a new knee but that would mean I’m done working, can’t take the time, to much work. Maybe when I get past 80.
Let the pain be your guide!
Mike

Around here all I can get is meloxicam.it helps but there’s times I need a more relief. I understand but their over doing it.

thanks for all the great input brothers !

Auto Transport Service
Back