• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kratom as a pain reliever and a safe pathway to reduce/eliminate opiate use

Government data:
Overdose Deaths Involving Prescription Opioids
46 people die every day from overdoses involving prescription opioids. In 2017, prescription opioids continue to contribute to the epidemic in the U.S. – they were involved in more than 35% of all opioid overdose deaths.
The most common drugs involved in prescription opioid overdose deaths include: Methadone, Oxycodone (such as OxyContin®), Hydrocodone (such as Vicodin®)5
ALL PRESCRIBED BY DOCTORS, ALL MADE BY DEA APPROVED PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES, ALL SOLD BY LICENSED PHARMACIES.
The miniscule number of so called "Kratom deaths" 99.5% of the time actually were caused by OTHER drugs or the actions of the deceased. So when a toxicology report shows that something OTHER THAN Kratom likely was the cause of death (usually some "officially government sanctioned" drug) but the deaths are reported as "Kratom related" I know for a FACT that there is a cabal of people who don't want people to see that there is a viable alternative to the practices and products that are making them or their interest groups BIG MONEY.
THAT IS A FACT!

Excerpt from an article whose HEADLINE makes a casual reader think Kratom is the scourge of the 21st century...but then if you actually READ the article:
Among the 11 people who died, nine were reported to have taken another drug with kratom, including alcohol, diphenhydramine (an allergy medication), benzodiazepines (anti-anxiety medications), fentanyl and cocaine.
So 9 out 11 "Kratom deaths" actually involved other really serious drugs. There have been fatal accidents and a suicide that were framed as "Kratom related deaths" when Kratom had NOTHING to do with the cause of death.
There are forces who are behind the "war on Kratom" and if you want to know who and why, FOLLOW THE MONEY.

You only know facts are the ones you get off the internet and support your opinions
If im wrong please state so and were and how you come to the conclusions you do. I want the professional medical people you (may) know. The studies you(may) have been involved with. The experience you(may) have on this subject and the educational background that give you the right to get off telling everyone how great and beneficial this stuff is
No body is doubting your opinion that Opioids have been responsible for many deaths and overdoses, crimes and what not.
Thats all besides the point and has little justification for the irresponsible and potentially dangerous use of Kratom without the proper medical evaluation and care......Unless you trust some bozo in a head shop selling this plant/drug to dispense it properly and responsibly because sure as tomorrow is Friday, I dont.
BTW and lets be crystal clear. In the case of my wife, who is treated at Memorial Sloan Hospital by the best of the best, are they being negligent when they give my wife some of these drugs after surgery and a short recovery time afterwards?

I see the "Kratom red alert" pager, 24/7 instant notification alert system is still activated....
Something like:
Biomedtechguy posts about Kratom
And wherever SFSI is, whatever he may be doing it's like:

You only know facts are the ones you get off the internet and support your opinions
That's bullshit.
I'm not going into any more detail. There are a number of people who I know well enough who have shared their experiences. I do work in the medical field Steve, I encounter a lot of people in my day to day work.
I WILL continue to post information that I and OTHERS on this forum have found to be helpful.

Those deaths were NOT caused by the drug.
They were caused by PEOPLE who CHOSE to use a substance irresponsibly.
To blame the drug is like blaming cars for auto accidents.

https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/is-kratom-safe#takeaway
Heres a article you might find more interesting
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/should-kratom-be-legal/
That's bullshit.
I'm not going into any more detail. There are a number of people who I know well enough who have shared their experiences. I do work in the medical field Steve, I encounter a lot of people in my day to day work.
I WILL continue to post information that I and OTHERS on this forum have found to be helpful.
To be clear and with no disrespect you provide a service for people in the medical field. From what you say talking to people in the medical field who you dont identify is almost meaningless as your just gathering opinions of people who may not be familiar with Kratom.
Not "opinion"
Hard numbers from "official government" sources, the same government that you :lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown:
I dont understand. You dont trust the government but you trust there sources?
Whatever you do in supporting Kratom use is your thing. I would hope people considering using this drug would investigate on there own and talk to there health care provider. Everything I posted is verified links, everything you posted in support of Kratom is questionable and again I bring you back to posts # 20 and 70. Two members here who have actual experience with this drug.

From the article you provided:
One death was reported in a person who was exposed to the medications
paroxetine (an antidepressant) and lamotrigine (an anticonvulsant and mood stabilizer)
in addition to kratom.
Like much of what I have posted. It's ALWAYS something other than Kratom that is responsible for the death.

Any NEW or otherwise significant information, regardless of positive or negative regarding Kratom, I will post up.

Yeah. That is the report that had ONE death in it that also included other drugs:
From the article you provided:
One death was reported in a person who was exposed to the medications
paroxetine (an antidepressant) and lamotrigine (an anticonvulsant and mood stabilizer)
in addition to kratom.
Like much of what I have posted. It's ALWAYS something other than Kratom that is responsible for the death.

All I can say is read the information distributed with prescription drugs. Talk to the pharmacist, your doctor and consider the risk. There are no 100% safe drugs no matter what some think.

In some cases the side effects of some drugs are worse than the illness they are treating!

If im wrong please state so and were and how you come to the conclusions you do. I want the professional medical people you (may) know. The studies you(may) have been involved with. The experience you(may) have on this subject and the educational background that give you the right to get off telling everyone how great and beneficial this stuff is
No body is doubting your opinion that Opioids have been responsible for many deaths and overdoses, crimes and what not.
Thats all besides the point and has little justification for the irresponsible and potentially dangerous use of Kratom without the proper medical evaluation and care......Unless you trust some bozo in a head shop selling this plant/drug to dispense it properly and responsibly because sure as tomorrow is Friday, I dont.
BTW and lets be crystal clear. In the case of my wife, who is treated at Memorial Sloan Hospital by the best of the best, are they being negligent when they give my wife some of these drugs after surgery and a short recovery time afterwards?

So sorry to hear she had surgery SFSI but in my opinion?
After our Medical Insurance was shaken up in the 2008-2016 Era, I don't believe Doctors care a hell of a lot about Patients...OR, let me re-phrase, I believe the Doctors "hands are tied" as Hospital have become Income Factories...YEAH, understand this:
Doctors are paid a beneficial percentage when they prescribe certain Drugs from Drug Companies....

Thanks Ski, she didn't have surgery yet but will have it soon. The way I see it is doctors are no different than mechanics, roofing and siding guys and so on. Some are good and honest and some suck and are thieves. I dont personally know any doctor that receives any benefits such as money to prescribe a certain medicine.
So many doctors are bought up by hospitals and health organizations that it would not seem possible.
A doctor who would prescribe any meds because it put money in his pocket would be someone id hope I never went to. The risks of doing that would outweigh anything

Auto Transport Service
Back