• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large to small gas tank conversion- Spectra CR10B

casey henson

Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score
Large to small gas tank conversion for dual exhaust. I had seen this talked in some older threads without much detail so I figured I would post in case anyone is interested.
The CR10B tank which is for earlier model cars and does not have the roll over hump on the top fits great. It did require a few adjustments here and there but nothing to hard. I used my original straps but had to modify them. I cut 1 1/2 out of each one and welded back together. I little bit of work but I am extremely pleased with the result.
IMG_4876.JPG
IMG_4899.JPG
IMG_4898.JPG
IMG_4917.jpg
IMG_4918.jpg
IMG_4919.jpg
IMG_4920.jpg

Last edited:
When changing to the earlier (and less) expensive tank, have you decided on how to handle the vapor/fuel separator (which has a checkball valve in it?

(not my picture)
1699363911318.png

When changing to the earlier (and less) expensive tank, have you decided on how to handle the vapor/fuel separator (which has a checkball valve in it?

(not my picture)
View attachment 1552921
I was planning to run them back to the charcoal canister like that picture but I will need to defeat the checkball. I wasn't aware of the checkball.

Scratch that...I will probably tie them all together and vent to atmosphere. All I need is a tank vent. I could plug three and vent one to atmosphere.

53086703747_c8bc2659f3_o.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back