• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last Road Runner ?

newwelcome.jpg
:xscuseless:

Of course. So how the hell could GG, Mr. Know-it-all, not say so RIGHT OFF THE BAT ? 1975 was the last model year for a road runner, which was still on it's B-body structure. In 1976, there was only an option package on an F-body Volare, it was not it's own model anymore.
Easy, Tiger. We've only been presented with hearsay evidence at best of anything GG might have said (or not said).....

Easy, Tiger. We've only been presented with hearsay evidence at best of anything GG might have said (or not said).....
I've met him in person years ago. Galen couldn't advise him that 74 wasn't the last model year for a RR ? ?

Of course. So how the hell could GG, Mr. Know-it-all, not say so RIGHT OFF THE BAT ? 1975 was the last model year for a road runner, which was still on it's B-body structure. In 1976, there was only an option package on an F-body Volare, it was not it's own model anymore.
75 Roadrunner Advert. #1a Last of the B-body platform-Fury.JPG

75 Roadrunner Advert. #1.jpg

76 Roadrunner advert. #1 Malaise Muscle Car Volare-Aspen platform.jpg

later 78
76 Roadrunner advert. #2 Malaise Muscle Car Volare-Aspen platform.jpg

IMO the OP was oddly worded.

Almost like details were left out.

Getting any kind of response from GG in the past decade is apparently not an easy task.

Perhaps Galen simply did not reply.

Welcome from Alabama, Galen is all about the money. Enough of it and he will tell you anything.

IMO the OP was oddly worded.
Almost like details were left out.
Getting any kind of response from GG in the past decade is apparently not an easy task.
Perhaps Galen simply did not reply.

Galen is all about the money. Enough of it and he will tell you anything.
Could be. I feel bad that the guy may have been mislead. It certainly was a simple, sorry but 74 was not the last model year for a RR.

Welcome from Alabama, Galen is all about the money. Enough of it and he will tell you anything.
That was never the case in any of my dealings with him. In my last dealing with him he, unbeknownst to me, asked Rob from Mopar Collectors Guide to do a story on my A-body ‘cuda.

Hello fellow B-body owners, I am in the hopes that someone on the site can help me on a question that Mr. Govier was unable to answer. I have what I think might be the last Road Runner that was built as a model and not a option, its MDH is 072315 , all that Galen could tell me is that he had not seen a 74 Runner with a later MDH, so if anyone has any info on a later build 74 Road Runner I would like to hear about it and to answer the question is this the last road runner ( as a model ) built or just one of the last. ( RM21L4G ) Thanks and help will be appreciated. John C. C.
i have a 1974 roadrunner 440 gtx build date is 7/31/1974

Hello fellow B-body owners, I am in the hopes that someone on the site can help me on a question that Mr. Govier was unable to answer. I have what I think might be the last Road Runner that was built as a model and not a option, its MDH is 072315 , all that Galen could tell me is that he had not seen a 74 Runner with a later MDH, so if anyone has any info on a later build 74 Road Runner I would like to hear about it and to answer the question is this the last road runner ( as a model ) built or just one of the last. ( RM21L4G ) Thanks and help will be appreciated. John C. C.

Withough having ALL of the factory MDH data available, it is impossible to state which car can be the 'last' of anything. Is your car toward the end of production? Yes. But without further data, one cannot make any other claim.

VINS of 290xxx with SPDs of 731 suggest that cars may have been completed after 723. But.....we don't know.

Auto Transport Service
Back