• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last Road Runner ?

JOHN C. C.

Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
Hello fellow B-body owners, I am in the hopes that someone on the site can help me on a question that Mr. Govier was unable to answer. I have what I think might be the last Road Runner that was built as a model and not a option, its MDH is 072315 , all that Galen could tell me is that he had not seen a 74 Runner with a later MDH, so if anyone has any info on a later build 74 Road Runner I would like to hear about it and to answer the question is this the last road runner ( as a model ) built or just one of the last. ( RM21L4G ) Thanks and help will be appreciated. John C. C.

I've read here, and other places that they were not necessarily built in numerical order per the VIN sequence number or the SO number.

So...very hard to prove.

I have what I think might be the last Road Runner that was built as a model and not a option, its MDH is 072315 ,

MDH 072315
decodes as:
07 = Seventh month (July)
23 = Twenty-third day
15 = Fifteenth hour (3 PM)

Yeah, July 23rd is a pretty late date for 1974 model year production.

Did Galen know the date for when 1974 production shut down?

:xscuseless:

:lol:

1974 should have good records around somewhere.....it's only the golden years where all the paperwork got lost in fire/flood/vandalism/pestilence. :rolleyes:

I was under the impression that no paper work exists after 1967 or very early 1968.

I specifically asked about what records they have available and this is the reply.

"We have build records from 1930 – 1967 for passenger cars and 1930 – 1954 for Trucks. Anything before or after these years was never transferred to the archives and do not exist within the company. For some reason, the story of the fire within the Chrysler Archives is actually an “urban legend”. There was no fire that destroyed files within the archives. The build records that are missing were simply never passed along to the archives. We have searched for years to find them within the company and they appear to not exist."
Post in thread 'Chrysler Historical new contact info.'

Chrysler Historical new contact info.

Welcome John. No clue on your question and howdy from Los Osos.

IMG_4424.jpeg

I was under the impression that no paper work exists after 1967 or very early 1968.
except for Canadian cars, to what level or what years I don't know
I seem to remember seeing that, written by a trusted source,
or I'd have forgotten it already

Welcome to FBBO from Georgia.

Let's see the car.

I specifically asked about what records they have available and this is the reply.

"We have build records from 1930 – 1967 for passenger cars and 1930 – 1954 for Trucks. Anything before or after these years was never transferred to the archives and do not exist within the company. For some reason, the story of the fire within the Chrysler Archives is actually an “urban legend”. There was no fire that destroyed files within the archives. The build records that are missing were simply never passed along to the archives. We have searched for years to find them within the company and they appear to not exist."
Post in thread 'Chrysler Historical new contact info.'

Chrysler Historical new contact info.
:BangHead:

Hello fellow B-body owners, I am in the hopes that someone on the site can help me on a question that Mr. Govier was unable to answer. I have what I think might be the last Road Runner that was built as a model and not a option, its MDH is 072315 , all that Galen could tell me is that he had not seen a 74 Runner with a later MDH, so if anyone has any info on a later build 74 Road Runner I would like to hear about it and to answer the question is this the last road runner ( as a model ) built or just one of the last. ( RM21L4G ) Thanks and help will be appreciated. John C. C.
You telling me that the "guru" could not tell you ? Well, let me break the news to you. You do NOT have the last road runner model built. That would be a 1975 model year car. Sorry.

Great point.

They were still RM21 cars in 1975.

They were still RM21 cars in 1975.
Of course. So how the hell could GG, Mr. Know-it-all, not say so RIGHT OFF THE BAT ? 1975 was the last model year for a road runner, which was still on it's B-body structure. In 1976, there was only an option package on an F-body Volare, it was not it's own model anymore.

Auto Transport Service
Back