• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last Task After Layoff at Disney: Train Foreign Replacements

Dako

Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
Seems Disney is yet another corporation taking advantage of bringing in cheaper H-1B workers (foreigners on work visas) to substitute for Americans. To try and up profits they have quietly brought in foreigners to Orlando (vice transferring the jobs overseas) to replace the American employees...and made it a stipulation that the employees train their replacements in order to receive a severance package! I don't see this as 'helping' our economy...especially when park prices still go up. More of the 'stupidly rich' trying to get richer I guess.

Remember this when considering that big trip to go see Mickey and Donald. My grandson will NOT see the Disney characters on my dime!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/la...ain-foreign-replacements/ar-BBkE3Ud?ocid=iehp

How can that be, Disney is run by politically correct liberals, not greedy Republicans?

Its worse than exporting jobs. Now we'll have to support these derelicts they import for lower wages. They'll find the tit, they usually do.

Not good at all but I'm on the other end of that stick. I've been trying to move to the US for the last 10 (!!) years but it's impossible for me as a legal, law abiding and honest person to do it. You might hate me for it, but if I was offered a job under a H1-B visa but with only 80% of the salary I'd jump on it...

I thought I made it all the way this Christmas when Google flew me over for final interviews but lost to a Harvard top 10 guy lol. Even had the relocation package negotiated. So back to trying my luck with the diversity lotto - or if anyone of you feel that you want to be my sponsor - please contact me :) :) :)

Sad that people that try to do it the "legal status" or legal immigration" way,
that they seem to have such a hard time...
Going thru the all the appropriate legal process/channels,
they should be in the front of the line, BUT only after US citizens...

When those that are here illegally or brought here for cheaper exploited labor,
given a work visa, like I would assume this circumstance or
job opportunity represents
, get a free ticket/free ride {Pun intended},
under some political favor, work or visa related exemptions...

Sooner or later, we have to start thinking about US workers 1st,
then if there're any jobs are left, then do the work visa or H1-B visas applicants...

IMO there's plenty of college grads, 20 something's/youth &
better qualified "middle aged" adults needing work here to fill these jobs...

I know this outsourcing of our US company & US jobs here on or own shores is wrong...

It's more than just greed,
IMO partially is because many people don't want to start,
at an entry level jobs, entitlement mentality maybe...
They think they should be started much higher at the top,
with little to no work experiences...
Even some right out of college thank that way...
I certainly don't have all the answers, but I know the way this is happening,
it is completely wrong...

Where's all the labor advocates now ??,
where's all the uproar from the occupy crowd now ??,
where's all the lawyers & profiteers we have trolling all the racial propaganda now ??,
where's the justice for the people being replaced, training their replacements even,
by cheaper labor work visa/H1-B holders, let illegals or foreigners ??,
we can't even ask people if they are a US citizen anymore ??

I hate to say it, they need to fight fire with a bigger fire,
partially because I'm an advocate for "Right to work",
not a big Union advocate, they certainly do have their place,
but have pretty much run their coarse, served the purpose to get better standards...
But IMO they should get a Union involved,
at-least a cutthroat strongarming tactics type Union negotiator,
it will put too much pressure on them, then Disney would buckle under,
just like most all the rest of the big employers end up doing,
when the Unions & Liberal media go on the attack,after them...

This stupid crap is run amuck, not the American we use to know & love...
I'm pretty sure there's some political agenda big $$$ D) campaign donations,
behind all this...

Where's the Florida dept. of labor ??,
where's the federal dept. of labor ??,
where's the state, city & county in all of this ??

Someone needs to stand up for these people rights,
they need to organize get a collective bargaining agreement going...

Where's al the ACLU or the LA or NYC Madison Ave. big law firms,
maybe they could get them pro-bono on all this,
like any other issue, if it was a minority or some atheist rights etc.

Sad really...

saw that...all I can do is shake my head and tell my kids why we will not be visiting disney ...I hope we dont run int othis in dollywood in three weeks

As far as I know your good to go with Dollywood, I don't think Dolly would put her own kin folk out of work. We go there a lot and it seems to be just like always,have a good time with your family.

Yeah, so I read the same story on my MSN home page, and that got me P.O'd, and then read the story about all the politicians wanting to raise the age at which you can start taking Social Security. For Christ's sake,The Politicians get to take it, but they don't pay into it! What's it going to take for a Civil War?

How can that be, Disney is run by politically correct liberals, not greedy Republicans?
Disney is a corporation that isn't much different than any other corporation in this country. There may or may not be liberals on the board of directors, I don't know, but their only mission is the bottom line for themselves and keeping the stockholders happy.

Be that as it may, but ol Walt would **** himself over this if he were here.

Not good at all but I'm on the other end of that stick. I've been trying to move to the US for the last 10 (!!) years but it's impossible for me as a legal, law abiding and honest person to do it. You might hate me for it, but if I was offered a job under a H1-B visa but with only 80% of the salary I'd jump on it...

I thought I made it all the way this Christmas when Google flew me over for final interviews but lost to a Harvard top 10 guy lol. Even had the relocation package negotiated. So back to trying my luck with the diversity lotto - or if anyone of you feel that you want to be my sponsor - please contact me :) :) :)

I certainly wouldn't hate you for coming over for a job with such a visa, provided you weren't kicking some other guy out of work...

I'll never go to Disney again. South or West.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/u...tion=keypress&region=FixedLeft&pgtype=article

- - - Updated - - -

The more one reads the more it becomes clear that there is a joint coalition of our so called political leaders behind this. Its being abused and used to line the pockets of greedy companies. Welcome to the new non union right to work America. You reap what you sow in this world. There was a time when no CEO would dare pull this crap and no politician in his right mind would support a program that replaced American workers with ones from third world countries. Thats all changed now and remember this when you support the likes of politicians like the Walker puppet. Obama? read how chummy he is with the Disney CEO. Sure he cares about the middle class-NOT. Time to wake up smell the coffee and stop playing politics,there all screwing us and playing us for chumps

Hey, just sneak in through Mexico! That way, you are guaranteed help, a job, benefits, and all the glory and glamour that being an illegal in the US is! Screw the legal way! You've seen that takes years to accomplish. Come on over! Legals are not welcome by the current regime, but illegals are welcomed with open arms (and borders!)

Pat,you ever work next to a illegal? Ever actually talk to one who crossed the boarder illegally? The fact is these people are here doing jobs that nobody in this country that no one wants to do. Usually that involves actual physical work. The problem stems from the fact that on one side of the political isle, our elected politicians feel that illegals deserve free health car/education/food stamps and more. The other side sticks there finger up there *** and does nothing but bitch and moan. So what happens is non of these illegals pays a dime in tax while i pay plenty. Its always easier to do nothing then to do something,politicians know this all to well

Oh, good Lord, Steve, that is a full repeat of every Lefty talking point out there! The "fact" that they "do the jobs Americans don't want" is pure, unadulterated bullshit! I can provide MANY examples of how employers that do not care if they hire illegals at all (construction comes to mind!), have driven down the cost of labor by hiring illegals that will work for half the money of a legal worker...and I am NOT talking about union workers, but independent contractors and such that even ten years ago, were making a great wage. My brother is in construction, and among the very best in his trade. He's worked on some of the costliest homes in a Rocky Mountain state. Now, the illegals have undercut him and the other, highly skilled and talented American workers. Is that fair? Is that one of your jobs Americans won't do??? Seriously, get a handle on reality and dump that meme you are trying to foist on a public who is quite tired of our country getting overridden by cheap imported, illegal laborers. Our Congresscritters are vested in keeping the illegal status quo, and Il Duce sure as hell isn't gonna pass up a chance to register millions of illegals as Democrats. Bet on that!

A local roofer I hired two years ago had a full crew of non-English speaking Guatamalans on my roof doing the job. I asked him about hiring illegals, and he fully admitted it to me that he did, and indeed, sought them out! No workers comp, no overtime, no benefits - hell, he's making money hand over fist! He's paying them less that min wage. And do you think our gub-mint will go after him??? No way in hell!

Oh, and how about those 80K Syrians getting a free "refugee" pass into the US now? No Christians, mind you, just adherents of that wondrous "religion of peace"...will THEY be taking more of these jobs you claim Americans don't want??? Well, wait, about 99.999998% of Americans don't want to be homicide bombers, so I'll give you that one

Auto Transport Service
Back