• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

late model hemi into early b bodies

Kickin' the idea around of doing a 5.7 stroked to 392 or a 6.1 stroked to 426. Doing either one will cost, and my money tree is going dorment, lol!! I have an extra set of 5.7 heads and when I'm done with my dads 70 challenger rt, he's gonna get the cam of my choice so I have time but the itch is starting to get to me. My current set up is doing great, but more power is always welcome. Once the new engine is done then the trans is getting rebuilt to handle the new power level.

On a side note, the Fall Fling in Madera is next sat. and then off to Van Nuys on the 20th, and I'm looking forward to going.

Well I think I'm gonna use a new 6.1 block and crank, get some forged pistons, new stock rods and have my extra set of 5.7 heads gone thru, then have them milled either .030 or .050. The .030 will give me around 10.3 to 1 and the .050 will be around 11.0 to 1 so with the right tune hp at the wheels should be about 430-450ish. Of course the right cam has to be picked along with the tune so it could go up or down.....now the hunt is onfor some parts, hehehehe!!

Well I think I'm gonna use a new 6.1 block and crank, get some forged pistons, new stock rods and have my extra set of 5.7 heads gone thru, then have them milled either .030 or .050. The .030 will give me around 10.3 to 1 and the .050 will be around 11.0 to 1 so with the right tune hp at the wheels should be about 430-450ish. Of course the right cam has to be picked along with the tune so it could go up or down.....now the hunt is onfor some parts, hehehehe!!

Yup, that is a good plan.

I just took 2nd place at the Madera car show. This year they lumped all the b bodies together, no break down for the different years, as this was the same for the a ans e bodies also. Anyway, I was the first loser, lol, to a 95% all original 64 Polara 500, so I'm good with that. Third place went to a 71 plum crazy Charger with a 440. There were about 25 b bodies, so not too shabby.

I just took 2nd place at the Madera car show. This year they lumped all the b bodies together, no break down for the different years, as this was the same for the a ans e bodies also. Anyway, I was the first loser, lol, to a 95% all original 64 Polara 500, so I'm good with that. Third place went to a 71 plum crazy Charger with a 440. There were about 25 b bodies, so not too shabby.

Congrats, I'd be proud of that for sure.

Lokar universal throttle cable, although their black one is starting to look better to me than the braided stainless.

Lokar universal throttle cable, although their black one is starting to look better to me than the braided stainless.

I'll check that out, thanks. I am not a big chrome fan, so I never ADD any to anything only remove. For example my engine will not have a single chrome piece and if I find something in chrome I like I will probably sand it off and paint it instead.

That chrome strip going down the inside C post and attaches to the rear lower window, how does it attach at the very bottom. is it a clip or a bolt running thru the C post. I have it all loose on mine but can not the the small part at the bottom loose?

see page 15

Its a nut on the inside and the headliner has to be outta the way to get to the hole....along with the sail panel. Kinda a pain, but thats where the nut is.

Thank you so much. it has been driving me nuts. I saw the 2 nuts holding the Mopar badge on but did not want to tear the whole thing apart.

I was going back thru all your posts and photos, great look Polara.

Plans are in the works for a 5.7 hemi 392 stroker. Got another 5.7 block and have found a crank, so I'm looking for rods/pistons, and this is gonna run 11 to 1 compression. I have another set of heads that will "rubbed, and ported" with love. I'm looking for around 480ish to the wheels, and my luck, the trans will not like it, lol. But I have taken that into consideration and will getting it beefed up from Sharadon to handle the abuse.

Parts for my stroker are starting to trickle in, although slowly.

Figures someone would want me to pull the parts out of the boxes, lol!! I'll get some posted in a few days.....busy doing another grille for a member.

WOW, just read your entire JOURNEY today!!! Amazing how the finished product turned out! I'm about 3 years into the building of my 64 Belvedere sedan. Pretty much have a candle burning at the end of my tunnel right now, but I do see and end in sight. I might just do a swap in the future, but for a now I think the 440 will suffice. I guess the secret to aquiring VERY hard to find parts is to hit up either the fall or spring fling. Luckily like you, I have a very understanding wife and 2 rug rats myself. I can't wait for the day my wife says "That's bad ***"! It'll all be worth it at that point!

Auto Transport Service
Back