• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late model Mopar seats in 65 Satty

65_Satellite

Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
I searched the forums but didn’t seem to find what I was looking for. The interior is out of my car currently while I cut the floor for the 4spd and repair the floor in spots. I plan on keeping the original front buckets and back seat but they all need new foam and upholstery. I want to put a late model interior for a more comfortable cruiser and heard that some people are using late model Charger/Challenger/300 seats. Has anyone done this swap? If so, how was it? How much modifications needed?

What other interiors have you guys used that work?

Here’s my current situation
8A028355-B504-4DAC-95F1-54DF887AB895.jpeg

I ended up scoring a set of SRT seats out of a 06 Charger. 8 way power. Wasn’t really looking for power recline from a 4 door and preferred a two door set but couldn’t pass on the deal. Set them in place and it’s actually not going to need too much modification for the brackets
82180ACA-2DCC-4D34-A576-6E8AE98BB309.jpeg
8C0EB0AF-0963-4292-8222-CCF4EA284604.jpeg
27476220-D66E-41FC-9BCB-29912AAD5BCE.jpeg
A9245C11-5E8B-42E8-9D39-9DB768F3B80C.jpeg
DA6B63C7-C8B1-4051-8DAE-366CB4C3CD9E.jpeg

E1F081CC-AA7A-4647-9339-3752C7F5434A.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks! Would be curious to see how you converted the mounting brackets.

Thanks! Would be curious to see how you converted the mounting brackets.
Haven't finished it yet but what im doing is, I removed the factory base and the seat will seat directly on the slider. One of the front holes in the bracket lines up with the factory hole in the floor and the other front one will sit flush and just need to drill a new hole. For the rear, I picked up some square tubing and will be making a bracket for the rear holes and drilling new holes in the floor. I then picked up some 1/4" flat stock steel which I will be welding to the floor underneath for add support to prevent the seat from tearing through in the event of an accident. ill update this with more pics and info when I complete it. Right now, Im working on patching some of the floor spots

This is great... really appreciate it...
Did you remove the factory base from the new seats?
Will the seat sit directly on the 65 original slider or new sliders?
looking forward to the pics!

Also, curious as to how / where you found the new seats.
Thanks!

This is great... really appreciate it...
Did you remove the factory base from the new seats?
Will the seat sit directly on the 65 original slider or new sliders?
looking forward to the pics!

Also, curious as to how / where you found the new seats.
Thanks!
yes pulled the factory base off the new seats. Not using the original 65 seat brackets at all. It would make the new seats sit too high. the sliders of the new seats will mount directly to the floor towards the center console and I will use the square tubing to make brackets to level the seats in the other 3 corners. If you look at the picture above from the passenger side, you can see I hav a small block of wood under the front bracket closest to the door and the same wood in the rear. I will be making adapters (brackets) with the square tubing and reinforcing the floor from underneath

Ah, got it. Super helpful... looking forward to the pics. Have a great weekend.
Tim

Auto Transport Service
Back