• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Le Beau won't be down for tea.

toolmanmike

Henchman #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
Le Beau from Hogan's Heros passed away. He was a Holocaust survivor. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...YDJq4PjQwcGoRDGDTvvi6Bu96l&id=100048413724101

64634955-0-image-a-94_1668655790718.jpg

Wow, I had no idea he was a Holocaust survivor. But he lived to be 96 so good for him. RIP

I think he was the last surviving cast member of the show. I didn't know he was a Holocaust Survivor. I bet that made it kind of hard to play his part in the TV show. I read a while back that Werner Klemperer (Col Klink) was actually Jewish too.
RIP!

RIP Robert Clary, aka Corp. LeBeau

R.I.P. Robert - he was a great character on that show. Glad he didn't meet his end by being beaten to death in bed.

R.I.P.

Thanks for the link, I've been watching Hogan's Heros reruns just the past week.

I have enjoyed Hogan's Hero's for most of my life (original run & reruns) . It was a great show ! Sorry to see the last member pass on. R.I.P Robert Clary, thanks for the memories.

Was never a big fan of Hogans Heroes, but regardless RIP Robert Clary. He was part of a time when I feel television was far more wholesome and worth watching. Grateful for his contribution to that.

Good ole cockroach! Great show and he did a great job!

Rest in Peace!

The man I bought my second car from was a holocaust survivor.
His name was George Pfieffer.
He told me how he was freed by the Americans towards the end of the war.

It was an amazing deal on the car.
1984 Gran Fury 318 with 43,000 miles on it in 1991.
I started it walked around the car and said I'll take it.
Didn't even test drive it as there was no need to.
$2,750

Let us bid adieu to Le Beau.

R.I.P.​

For such a silly show, it's a pretty incredible chain of events that led to its' development and even
more impressive still was who a lot of the main actors were - lots of Jewish actors playing Nazis to
the hilt!
Keep in mind also it was only 25 years after the end of WW2 when the show began...
Amazing the show was ever aired to begin with; it certainly would not be these days.

For such a silly show, it's a pretty incredible chain of events that led to its' development and even
more impressive still was who a lot of the main actors were - lots of Jewish actors playing Nazis to
the hilt!
Keep in mind also it was only 25 years after the end of WW2 when the show began...
Amazing the show was ever aired to begin with; it certainly would not be these days.
Even less, it was just 20 years after the end of WWII, first airing in 1965. Clary himself (LeBeau) spent three years in a concentration camp as a French Jew.

Auto Transport Service
Back