• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf Springs for 68 Dodge Charger big block.

Chris Gal

Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking for advice/experience on after market and mopar leaf springs. My stock ones are getting soft and my *** is dragging through dips. Any ideas? Also, is there anything else I should do while I'm swapping springs?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Seabeckredneck

summit racing has them stock replacement or super stock if you use the super stocks you will have to replace front hangers

summit racing has them stock replacement or super stock if you use the super stocks you will have to replace front hangers
Thanks Mr. b. I'll look into that.
Do you know if I need or should get anything else to do it right? I've never replaced them before.

The Hotchkiss "slightly lower and very stiff" handling springs will have your *** end as low as it was before the change.
I put leaf spring "booster leafs" in.

I just purchased a set of HD leaf springs from Mopar Performance. Left is 6 leafs and the right is 7 leafs.
When sitting on the floor on the anchor eyes the left spring is 1 and 1/4 inches lower. My question is Is the right?
Left part #P4452983
Right part #P4452982

Well, I ordered the springs from Summit and they got here fast. I put them on and that wasn't bad. It would have been easier with an extra set of hands, but it worked out. But now, my car sits an inch higher on the passenger side, I'm assuming due to the 7 leafs vs the 6 on the drivers side. Will that settle in, or what?

image.png
There are other threads on this. I got a truck spring from Summit and installed/inserted one on each side. Inexpensive and provided about one inch lift. Perfect.

It will eventually settle a bit, but not much. How much from Summit. Got mine from Mopar Performance 136.00 cnd each.

Auto Transport Service
Back