• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Least Favorite thing to work on a car.

hate anything to do with antifreeze. grease, oil, trans fluid, gas, diesel any of those don't bother me. we have ford cutaway vans at work with the new 6.0 liter diesel and the flat rate to change the serp belt is 8 hours, can't wait!!!!

Glow plugs in a V8 diesel that swell up because the yo-you used starting fluid too many tiimes and you can't removed them except by taking the intake, injector lines and heads off, or they break in half when your removing them and the other piece falls into the cylinder. Turns a simple 30 minute task into an 8 hour job real quick.

or trouble shooting electrical system

I broke a intake manifold bolt. It was the last bolt on the install and I over torqued it or the bolt was too old. Had to remove everything and spin it out with a screwdriver. Cleaning off the liquid gasket was no fun either. That stuff stays on your hands for a week.

hate anything to do with antifreeze. grease, oil, trans fluid, gas, diesel any of those don't bother me. we have ford cutaway vans at work with the new 6.0 liter diesel and the flat rate to change the serp belt is 8 hours, can't wait!!!!

8 hrs to change a belt? Whats it look like?

I had to change a Serp on a 95 Dynasty once. Book time said 1.5, i thought it was wrong. It wasnt.

ugghh,I spent 7hr's today working on only 2 parts!!!
I sanded the header panel down to bare metal inside and out.Then I removed all the under coating out of 1 fender then sanded it all down inside and out.
Tomorrow I have to weld up a few trim holes that wont be in use and then acid wash everything,and finally fix all the small dents.And then if I'm lucky shoot primer......... But I guess it's still better than striping undercoating off of the underside of the car :)

8 hrs to change a belt? Whats it look like?

I had to change a Serp on a 95 Dynasty once. Book time said 1.5, i thought it was wrong. It wasnt.

oh hes right about that. the pickups are like 3 hours to do the belt but the vans are so tight i wouldnt doubt its 8 hours, those engines are just a nightmare to work on, with just about everything.

Started re-assembling and mig welding the braces and installing the new roof today on the RR. Ran out of Argon/CO2 on the second plug weld. It was 12:05. Guess what time the welding supply company closes on saturday? Now I'm stuck with my thumb up my *** till monday.

Auto Transport Service
Back