• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LED Halos w/ turn signals and Brake light issue

Mike67

Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
So I've completely rewired the car a while back and everything was working as it should with the halogen lights. I've changed out all of my lights to LED including the headlights which have halo driving and turn signals.Added no load relays to both turn signal and flasher.
The problem since the conversion is that now my instrument lights won't come on nor do the park/driving lights. Also when I hit the brake the blinker circuit energizes and turns on the turn signals on both sides but do not flash. WTH???
Even with the no load relays I found I had to reverse the polarity on the relays in order to get the flashers and turn signals to work.
I love the headlights as they fit the grill perfectly. I've gone over the schematic over and over until my head hurts from flipping across 4 pages then back. I plan to draw it out as one contiguous circuit to maybe help see what I may be missing.
I replaced the turn signal switch but I don't think that has anything to do with it as it was color to color which I even verified with the FSM.
Any help would be appreciated!

View attachment 1188058 20210417_150359.jpg 20210316_130214.jpg 20210316_130157.jpg 20210522_142007.jpg 20210316_130317.jpg

I've thought about that and am thinking that could be the cause of the lack of my instrument lights.
Im trying to logically think how that would affect the driving/ park lights. Is the ground the P contact off of the light switch?
I've tried looking for a diagram that shows the contacts within the light switch but have struck out so far.
Thanks again!

Pink should be for dome light and other light's. You said that you replaced the turn signal switch right. I some how pinched my wires from the steering column and could not figure out why my tail light's where not working. Yep burned up a wire and it melted the contact on the turn signal switch so bought another one brand new and was careful not to pinch that wire again. Some time's we just have to walk away and do something else then it will come to us. I also thought may be when I put the back seat in that I grounded a wire or cut one. So we always are second guessing what is wrong. Good luck. Yes draw your diagram and check with the factory one.

Ya that was one of the reasons I replaced the switch. When I reinstalled the column after replacing the lower bearing I realized the wire cover had pitched one pretty good.
So I was very careful when I replaced it.

Ya that was one of the reasons I replaced the switch. When I reinstalled the column after replacing the lower bearing I realized the wire cover had pitched one pretty good.
So I was very careful when I replaced it.
Yes that darn cover. That is what got mine. Thought I had them free enough but the one did get pinched. I would look into the diagram if you have one for that car and see where all the pink wire goes. Had to splice into it for my dome light. They did not give me a pigtail to run off it. That was a year one harness brand new.

I've thought about that and am thinking that could be the cause of the lack of my instrument lights.
Im trying to logically think how that would affect the driving/ park lights. Is the ground the P contact off of the light switch?
I've tried looking for a diagram that shows the contacts within the light switch but have struck out so far.
Thanks again!
P = parking lamps
Ground is thru the metal switch body
Us a circuit powered test light to trace the paths thru the headlamp switch. It helped me.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back