• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LED headlight conversion

Well, one should call them, which I didnt. Thats what their site says. I know of a few companies will "preorder" only to find out that they don't have them. Holley says $179/light(?):rolleyes:
Yessir. Funny thing is, yesterday it says shipping in September... Today it's listed as in stock :wtf:

Crackedback on Abodies makes a harness. Good feedback on his stuff
He's here as well. I got his from a while ago and happy with everything. Can't go wrong

Yessir. Funny thing is, yesterday it says shipping in September... Today it's listed as in stock :wtf:
Exactly WTF. Many vendors do that after the "pandemic" which I don't understand whole heartedly. Holley was at $179 PER light? I have a 4 light set up ne in box from another member here I'd part with :thumbsup:

I went with Dapper Lighting's 575. Not cheap but built to order with choice of halos, glass and housing color. It's a true projector too. Which means it's a little on the deep side and you will have to modify the outer headlight buckets to fit. I welded in a relief pocket but one could probably get away with hammer clearancing about a half inch. Not wired yet, but very happy with the look.
PXL_20220604_030557905.jpg

Yes, that price for the Holley lights is correct. I just ordered LED lights from Amazon. I believe they were 35 bucks for the pair? Not sure of the look or fitment, but for the money worth the price. As for wiring and switch changes, those are not necessary on an LED conversion as LEDs use barely an amp to run each compared to 5 to 6 amps each for incandescent bulbs. The ones mentioned above from octane lighting are halogen, which is very current hungry. I would highly recommend relays with those. I want true LED lights, not halogen with LED halos. Those are nice and got me thinking, but I just want bright lights. I'll update when I get them. I only ordered the low beams for now.

Last edited:
Exactly WTF. Many vendors do that after the "pandemic" which I don't understand whole heartedly. Holley was at $179 PER light? I have a 4 light set up ne in box from another member here I'd part with :thumbsup:
Yep, $179/light.

Holley has been shipping their LED retrobrights for 6 months, but inventory levels have been spotty due to unreliable delivery schedules. I installed (4) a few months back in my 70 RR. Very satisfied, they are bright and I made my own wiring harness, so I have (4) low or (4) high beams....

Just my $0.02... ... :thumbsup:

IMG_1343.jpeg

Check your voltage at the battery then check your voltage at the headlights with lights on. See what the difference is.

Voltage drop across a load is measured by putting the red lead of your meter on one wire going into the load and your black wire on the other, set meter to volts, this is your voltage drop. It will be 12V on this or any load that is not in series and is a simple circuit. Voltage is not the issue, it's current draw, or amperage. LED lights draw very, very little current. That is what makes them so great, they are very efficient. Halogens on the other hand, are very current hungry, but bright. They are cheaper as well. I should have bought the set pictured above on the charger. I just bought 2 low beams to try.

The Octane LED headlights draw considerably more watts than the Holley retro brights. The Octanes require 40W for low/high beam and the Holleys require 30W a decrease of 25%. So here again double check the headlight wiring, grounds as to minimize any losses for the best results...

Just my $0.02...

Auto Transport Service
Back