• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LED headlight upgrade, why the need for new wiring and relays???

5,700K, "modern white"
I have that temp as well. I agree that they could be a tad brighter but with brights on it is a massive improvement. Compared to stock bulbs, they are a great improvement with a factory harness. Really open up the road with the beam width as well.
Back in the day I hit two deer on back roads in my 68 dart and my 73 cuda that were just out of view on the side of the road with brights on. I know I would have seen them with these in place.

I have that temp as well. I agree that they could be a tad brighter but with brights on it is a massive improvement. Compared to stock bulbs, they are a great improvement with a factory harness. Really open up the road with the beam width as well.
Back in the day I hit two deer on back roads in my 68 dart and my 73 cuda that were just out of view on the side of the road with brights on. I know I would have seen them with these in place.
Hmmm....
My Holley Retro-brights are the classic white, but with my parallel wiring scheme with (4) low and (4) high beams I have plenty of brightness. At first I thought it may be too bright with (4) low beam for oncoming traffic but with their broader, wider dispersion, no complaints..

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

Hmmm....
My Holley Retro-brights are the classic white, but with my parallel wiring scheme with (4) low and (4) high beams I have plenty of brightness. At first I thought it may be too bright with (4) low beam for oncoming traffic but with their broader, wider dispersion, no complaints..

Makes sense. But maybe the modern whites are good enough for normal operation. But, I’ll add that to the list of cool upgrades.

Makes sense. But maybe the modern whites are good enough for normal operation. But, I’ll add that to the list of cool upgrades.
IMHO... Either Classic Whites or Modern Whites are acceptable..
They are so far superior to the OE incandescents and with much lower current drain, they check all of my boxes..

I installed my retro-brites. Went with classic white.
20231211_183619.jpg

Alot brighter than stock, even at idle.

After some more direct comparison tests with the 100watt Hella E-codes, I’ve decided to run the RetroBrights for now. The Bi-Zeon HIDs in my more modern driver has spoiled me on color temp it would appear. Even the “Extreme White XB Hella bulbs (4200K) look yellow compared to the 5700K RetroBrights. My light meter confirms the 80/100 Hellas are a tad brighter than the RetroBrights at various parts of the patterns for most part. The lower current draw and constant brightness with slight voltage variations off-idle is pretty attractive.
Low beam, Hellas are on the left if not obvious.
IMG_E0572r.jpg

High beam
IMG_E0571r.jpg

IMG_E0562r.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back