• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Left hand thread wheel studs

55skyles

Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
My son didn't realize the 67 Coronet R/T had left hand threads on the driver side and broke 2. Have been looking for replacements and have had no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Only one person on earth it seems that still has/had some and he's pretty much out of service at this time, but I saw that he was getting some parts out to people so we'll give Craig a ding here.. @mobileparts

I probably agree with Gdrill above and suggest upgrading to right hand threads, but if you really, really want to stay with the LH ones, I think I have some that I removed from my 67 Chrysler C Body years ago. Don't know if they are the same as yours, depth, length, depth of the Knurling etc, but I can check if you want? C Shaft

Dorman maybe on Summit Racing or one of their other brands
just saw them yesterday

welcome to FBBO

If you have to replace two already, change them to Right hand threads. Check Rock Auto. That's where I got mine.

Left side.jpg

When I restored the X I changed them over to all RH knowing down the road few were going to know that little Ma Chrysler idiosyncrasy. I learned not long after I bought the car 50+ years ago - how many do you think that will transfer to down the road any further? To me it ain’t worth it unless you’re trying to stay pure as the driven snow.

I have five mopars with left hand studs or bolts (yes, BOLTS) so I have to remember.
But the car that i change wheels on the most...... got long right-hand studs immediately.
In your spot, I would swap to right hand,automatically.

I just have a list stuck to my hoist as to what is left and right... hopefully the next generation reads it !

Embrace the uniqueness that is Mopar. Besides there is an "L" stamped in the middle and they are gold, and a real Mopar will loosen up the nuts on the left side if the studs are changed.

Welcome from Alabama, I try to keep my cars that have left hand lugs just as they came, but it's getting harder to do.

My son didn't realize the 67 Coronet R/T had left hand threads on the driver side and broke 2. Have been looking for replacements and have had no luck. Anyone have any ideas?
I also have some.....came off the front iirc. Do you ever come down to Pasadena? If so, stop by and I'll give them to you.

When I restored the X I changed them over to all RH knowing down the road few were going to know that little Ma Chrysler idiosyncrasy. I learned not long after I bought the car 50+ years ago - how many do you think that will transfer to down the road any further? To me it ain’t worth it unless you’re trying to stay pure as the driven snow.
ChryCo wasn't the only manufacturer to use lefties......

I also have some.....came off the front iirc. Do you ever come down to Pasadena? If so, stop by and I'll give them to you.

ChryCo wasn't the only manufacturer to use lefties......
Yep. Studebaker, Packard, pre 65 Olds, Pontiac and Buick, some Ford trucks, all used lefthand threads on the left side. They just gave up on the idea sooner than Mopar.

The easy way to do it is find a RH drum assembly, bolt that on your LF, and find 5 rh studs to smack in the LR.
If you're quick you're done in an hr

Yep. Studebaker, Packard, pre 65 Olds, Pontiac and Buick, some Ford trucks, all used lefthand threads on the left side. They just gave up on the idea sooner than Mopar.
My 1937 International Panel Truck had LH studs and lugs on the driver side.

Auto Transport Service
Back