• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legendary Auto Interiors LTD.; SALE

I ordered a convertible top boot from Classic Industries in the Spring of 2020. It was backordered, and didn't receive it until late fall 2020. I finally got it out of the box on a warm day in the Spring of 2021 to install it. You have to install the snaps yourself on this model. Lo and behold, the boot was about 3 inches to narrow, even out in the hot sun, there was no way to stretch it enough to make it fit. I figured I was screwed, as I had it around that long without fitting it. Then I saw the label on it that read "Legendary Interiors". They are located in Newark, NY a little more than an hour away from me. That September, I was driving out that way in the R/t, so I threw the boot cover in the trunk, and stopped in there unannounced. When I told a tech my problem, he said "impossible!", and came outside to prove me wrong. After a few minutes of tugging and pulling, he stated that "This is never going to fit". He called out two other guys to look, and they examined my old boot cover, which I had with me, and saw that it was an original 1967. They decided their pattern was wrong, and the original tech said if I would give them my rotting original for a pattern, they would make me a new one and install it for me. In November that year, he called and said it was finished, and when the salt was off the roads in the Spring, I went back and he installed the snaps to fit my car and we put it on. Over all, I thought they did right by me.
That is great. Well I just got off the phone with Legendary and they will only give me 25% off a new set and they will not guarantee the new ones to fit. I asked why is it my fault that I bought ones to fit my car and your pattern was wrong? Response was that is the best they can do. I thought they could see how my measurements compare to their "new" pattern and see if they were correct. I guess not.

My car shop has suggested that his interior guy can upholster my Bee.
I don't have any door panel parts....

I do want things to look correct. Would yall go that route? Or wait it out with Legendary?

Yesterday I received the rear seat covers that I ordered in July.

My car shop has suggested that his interior guy can upholster my Bee.
I don't have any door panel parts....

I do want things to look correct. Would yall go that route? Or wait it out with Legendary?
Depends on what else you need to do to the car, and how long it will take. In my case, while it took forever, I have yet to get to the seats as I am working on getting the heat a/c box, dash, steering column etc rebuilt and done. After reading a couple of these posts, I believe I will take them out of the box to see if I can determine if they are correct.

Hooray, My GTX seat covers finally arrived yesterday completing my interior make over order from early last January. It was a long wait but they did beat their original date to complete delivery within a year.

I have never seen a "custom upholstery shop" job that looked anywhere near factory.

Anyone see any offers from Legendary for this year? I need to buy my seat covers and cushions. Are they sponsoring this forum?

Took me 8 months to get my seat covers from legendary. Don't put it off to long if you are ready for them. Pay up front and wait. No installation kits are available at this time.

Watch their website as they will post it on the home page. They always do a sale around Black Friday normally 20% off and free shipping over a certain amount or something like that.

I purchased my seat covers from them. The rear seats were not the correct pattern but they worked with me and all turned out well. The extra backs I ended up keeping were used to make headrest covers and turned out great.

As stated before by Mr. Cook, order early since they take a while to get shipped. Also do test fits on the seat covers to make sure of the fit. If you need paint to match your seat covers, I purchased mine from Herbs. Matched almost perfect and did not have to use that "bonding" agent.

Auto Transport Service
Back