• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legendary Interiors

Tim Nist

Local time
11:32 PM
Reaction score
Ordered new seat covers, panels and headliner for my 70 Charger. I was told 40 weeks. Uhhggg

Ordered mine in Oct., 2021. Just heard from them, Est deliver date... mid June.

Seems pretty standard with them now. My question is do they collect the money that far in advance, or do they bill just prior to shipping?

They collected it on my last two orders.

Is that because so many people are restoring cars or just the way of this funky world nowdays?

Ordered new seat covers, panels and headliner for my 70 Charger. I was told 40 weeks. Uhhggg
Did you check with some of the bigger suppliers. A lot of them have stock depending on color and some options.

Even 6 years ago they told me 18 weeks for delivery, then a week later I got everything thankfully. Headliner and misc, but no seat covers.

I ordered door panels for a 1966 Coronet 440 (front and rear) in June of 2021 and was told in November it would be Jan 23rd.
I called on Jan 30th and was told it would be another week. Still nothing
And yes they collect $$ upfront.
Mine was $743 Shipped.
Still held up on my engine and transmission as well. What is going on with labor these days? I have never in my life seen these kinds of delays. Everyone using Covid as an excuse for long delays and crappy work. and yet the cost of parts and labor has doubled.

Last spring I ask a shop to order a set of AMP research steps for my new truck and was told they were backordered and no estimate on getting them. I called AMP and they said 6-8 weeks to get, so I called the shop back and said order them for me. A week later the shop called to say they’re here, when can you bring your truck in to install them? Go figure!
Legendary is in New York and I heard they got closed down for awhile as a nonessential business. Then allowed to reopen with reduced occupancy of their facilities. Add to that supplier shortages and increased orders from everyone wanting to spend their stimulus money and you have a perfect storm leading to these long back orders. Sucks but what can you do?
At least if they’ll take the order and guarantee pricing that’s good. Suppliers are raising prices constantly now so it’s better to order now and wait than wait a year until they are caught up and find they’ve had to raise their prices a lot higher.

There can’t be more restorations now compared to 2008-2010. They weren’t very forthright in his answer to why, except they have 9000 orders. They also said supply issues are not a major complaint, so it must be labor problems, like everyone else

Just my opinion, but I say labor problems, material supply, and the state they are located in. Not necessarily in that order.

I ordered my covers in January of 2021 and am still waiting. Last call they said they thought another 8-10 weeks.

Restoring a non numbers car. If your just wanting to finish a project...
Checking with a auto upholstery shop may be a option ?

Restoring a non numbers car. If your just wanting to finish a project...
Checking with a auto upholstery shop may be a option ?
20210625_164713.jpg

Not Legendary, but one heck of a job by a upholstery guy across the street from @BeepBeepRR

Last edited:
View attachment 1236122
Not Legendary, but one heck of a job by by a upholstery guy across the street from @BeepBeepRR
Yea he does some nice work. If you have the old pattern he can duplicate it. To an extent some of the old materials are not available and you have to make some decisions. But he does well. I have tried to post his facebook info here but its not working. If you go on facebook look for Fuerte's upholstry. He does stuff from all over the country.

Last edited:
Ordered a set of covers and a set of foams for my 67 coronet bucket seats.The foam showed up a week after I ordered it in late October. The company told me the 210 day lead time was accurate so I am looking at May delivery. They wouldn’t say anything about what causes the delays when I asked

Auto Transport Service
Back