• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legendary Upholstery

Jc cooper

Second gear fun!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:00 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation, on a quality product, to use on Vinyl Legendary Upholstery, as a treatment to maintain condition!

Did you spill something, then soap and water? Otherwise nothing... I find most **** like Protectant 303 and others does nothing but shorten the life of vinyl. I made the mistake of trying to clean my clear boat side curtains "to save them" and a year later they were dried out cracked and yellow.

The seats in my Superbird are original. In 2019 I used scrubbing bubbles for showers to lift the dirt out of the grain and take them from dull to black again. same with the vinyl roof. That is the only thing that I'd recommend on OE stuff. New needs nothing IMHO.

I found that Armorall tended to make vinyl dry out and crack, so I don't buy that stuff anymore.

Sounds weird but a lot of guys use Lemon Scented Endust on vinyl interiors. It doesn’t build up, it buffs off nice, not greasy, smells good, and overspray buffs off paint, glass, plastic easy.

Back in the days before ArmorAll, we used Lemon Pledge - it did make the vinyl a bit more slippery.
I've used ArmorAll without having any problems, but haven't bothered with it for several years.
For years, I've just used a damp towel & a dry towel on vinyl.
It's been years since my last white vinyl interior, but if they got actually dirty, diluted Simple Green or a proper shampoo worked well.

soap and water here too, good for leather too, and cheap more money for beer.

My sil does marine top and interiors, she said "all off" is the best!

Thanks , for the info , hopefully you guys are having a great New Year! Later

Auto Transport Service
Back