• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legendary Upholstery alternatives?

hath1

Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
With 280 day lead times for Legendary Upholstery seat covers, does anyone have a reputable upholstery shop they'd recommend? I'm to a point where I'm ready to order white seat covers for my 1967 Coronet 440 2 door hardtop, split front bench seat + rear seat. I'm wanting to stay close to the factory look. Any ideas or workarounds would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you've used someone else, post up some pics for us to see.

Unfortunately, I would have to say order from Legendary and hope. Then cover your seat with a "KMart" cover until the good stuff arrives.

Too bad you can't order them 280 days ago. I'm about 80 days in on my wait. In my case I am replacing covers that I'll use until the upgrade. If you're down until you're covered, then an alternative might be preferred. The only other manufacturer recommended to me by an upholsterer is TMI. They're 7 weeks out for the pony car covers I want for the wife's Mustang.

You could order the material from SMS, and find a local shop to stitch 'em up for you. You may even catch a Spring Sale from them ???

The PUI covers my BIL used on his 66 Satellite were actually pretty nice.

I'm sure there will be a few here that will say not to use them under any circumstance, but have they seen the 66 Satellite covers specifically?

They did have different skirt material but went on easy and looked good, almost indistinguishable from Legendary.

I know that is not the case with at least a few of PUI's other offerings though.

It might be worth it for the OP to check them out.

I think I have seen PUI covers for a 66 Coronet, and they were nowhere near as accurate as the 66 Satellite covers, though.

I found a local upholstery guy who recently retired and is bored.
There is also a local place near me who do great work, big $ though.
If there are no craftsmen nearby, I think Legendary is the only option.

After you read the thread about the PUI covers in the 1968 to 1970 Dodge Charger section on here,you will be waiting for the Legendary interiors covers.

The PUI covers my BIL used on his 66 Satellite were actually pretty nice.

I'm sure there will be a few here that will say not to use them under any circumstance, but have they seen the 66 Satellite covers specifically?

They did have different skirt material but went on easy and looked good, almost indistinguishable from Legendary.

I know that is not the case with at least a few of PUI's other offerings though.

It might be worth it for the OP to check them out.

I think I have seen PUI covers for a 66 Coronet, and they were nowhere near as accurate as the 66 Satellite covers, though.
I used PUI covers on my 66 Satellite.
The color was nice and the vynal was thick and supple.
But if you compare with the original the Western scroll is not as detailed.
I'm still pretty happy with them as they were considerably cheaper but for the purist no they would want Legendary stuff.
1711650520710.png

For covers that have button sewn in, did Legendary ever fix the problem with the vinyl covers falling off the button? I' looking at buying a set in the future, but probably not if this is still an issue.

I wanted to cheap out but its not worth it. Im on month 4 of 8.

I waited many months for the legendary seat covers for my roadrunner. Nice stuff.

Today had to order another PUI set for my firebird project. A feral cat got in the garage and shredded the brand new not even installed ones

IMG_2330.jpeg

IMG_2329.jpeg

I waited many months for the legendary seat covers for my roadrunner. Nice stuff.

Today had to order another PUI set for my firebird project. A feral cat got in the garage and shredded the brand new not even installed ones

View attachment 1636938

View attachment 1636939
:mob: Bummer. Not sure how I would deal with that. Maybe a new set of cat fur fuzzy dice for the rearview......

With 280 day lead times for Legendary Upholstery seat covers, does anyone have a reputable upholstery shop they'd recommend? I'm to a point where I'm ready to order white seat covers for my 1967 Coronet 440 2 door hardtop, split front bench seat + rear seat. I'm wanting to stay close to the factory look. Any ideas or workarounds would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you've used someone else, post up some pics for us to see.
It took almost a year for me to get mine from Pro-Fit interiors but worth the time I had to wait. Good luck

If it were mine I’d just replace that section with a piece of cathide. Seriously, contact Legendary and see if they would be willing to replace that one section in a reasonable amount of time or just buy a piece of material from them and have someone else make the repair.

If it were mine I’d just replace that section with a piece of cathide. Seriously, contact Legendary and see if they would be willing to replace that one section in a reasonable amount of time or just buy a piece of material from them and have someone else make the repair.
Yep, they made replacement covers for me but was their mistake. Took a little over a month.

View attachment 1636938

View attachment 1636939

Aw, man!

There is a guy around here that is a wizard at repairing stuff just like this to the point where you cannot even see it. His work is unbelievable. Take a look around your area - I'm sure that can be be repaired.

Auto Transport Service
Back