• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's make suggestions on how to be a better driver.

Here is one… Stop at FN STOP signs!! Had a bunch of a-holes run them in the last few days right there in front of me. Sometimes I wish I had a beater truck so I don’t have to brake hard….

Last edited:
I don't like dark tinted windows.
Sometimes I get some satisfaction by looking into another car and seeing someone that really looks dumb as ****.
When I see elderly drivers, I give them a pass for most mistakes they make.
I'm also more tolerant when I see young drivers driving slow or taking turns a bit wide.
Who here has been at a stoplight next to a dude on a Harley that feels the need to rap-rap-rap the throttle repeatedly?

1 angry.jpg

How about being behind the world's nicest guy that lets EVERYONE in front of him?

1 annoyed.jpg

I don't like being behind these HUGE Sprinter vans either...you can't see a dang thing when you're stuck behind them.

1 FPP.JPG

I do an 80 mile round trip commute everyday In heavy traffic. At least once a week avoid some kind of incident only because I’m paying attention in traffic aware of the barely conscious drivers

I also have front and rear dashcams that I am certain will need the video one of these days.

Oh the highways I like to get out front in clean air that way I don’t have to watch what the idiots behind me are doing. But, in congested highways I watch the rear view a lot to avoid being rear ended. I’ve made some good moves to avoid being hit from behind!

I was rear ended sitting in the road waiting to turn across traffic and into a parking lot. My wheels were straight, turn signal on, checked the rear view and saw a mail jeep about a block behind me. I still had traffic coming in the opposite lane and all of a sudden it was like the back of the truck I was driving exploded.

I must have blacked out for a minute but all I remember was a dull pain in my lower back, couldn't find my glasses I was wearing, found them on the floor. I was sitting in the parking lot that I was waiting to enter! There was still traffic coming when I was hit!

I looked up to where I was waiting to turn and there was that mail jeep, water pouring out from under the front of it, smoke all about. This old man was pulling a tire out from under the front of it. I walked up to him, with a numb back and realized it was my spare tire from under my truck. I took it from him and asked "what was you doing that distracted you from seeing me?" He had no answer.

Apparently he didn't see me until the last second and hit me off center to the right. That shot me across the road and into the parking lot. How I missed any oncoming traffic was a miracle to say the least.

I was rear ended sitting in the road waiting to turn across traffic and into a parking lot. My wheels were straight, turn signal on, checked the rear view and saw a mail jeep about a block behind me. I still had traffic coming in the opposite lane and all of a sudden it was like the back of the truck I was driving exploded.

I must have blacked out for a minute but all I remember was a dull pain in my lower back, couldn't find my glasses I was wearing, found them on the floor. I was sitting in the parking lot that I was waiting to enter! There was still traffic coming when I was hit!

I looked up to where I was waiting to turn and there was that mail jeep, water pouring out from under the front of it, smoke all about. This old man was pulling a tire out from under the front of it. I walked up to him, with a numb back and realized it was my spare tire from under my truck. I took it from him and asked "what was you doing that distracted you from seeing me?" He had no answer.

Apparently he didn't see me until the last second and hit me off center to the right. That shot me across the road and into the parking lot. How I missed any oncoming traffic was a miracle to say the least.
That Sucks.. Glad you survived... Been rear ended twice... First time was allot like yours but I wound up in the back seat when the drivers seat broke... Second one was much less severe of a hit but I was sitting first & only car in line watching a train go by & was about seventy cars into it when a kid high on crack hit my truck at about twenty MPH...

1668142249011.png

1. Turn up to the Golf Club early, do some warm-up exercises, and get some practise in.
2. Select a quality club - Titleist or Taylor-Made Driver
3. Perfect your stance.
4. Hit through the ball with perfect timing and maximum power.
5. Make sure your friends saw the shot. :p

View attachment 1371536

1. Turn up to the Golf Club early, do some warm-up exercises, and get some practise in.
2. Select a quality club - Titleist or Taylor-Made Driver
3. Perfect your stance.
4. Hit through the ball with perfect timing and maximum power.
5. Make sure your friends saw the shot. :p
@Budnicks :lol:

4-way stops are beyond the mental
capabilities of most of the driver's
I've seen. Right-of-way means
exactly what it says. Also Lane
closures in construction zones.
What part of 'lane ends' do driver's
not understand?

Number one rule….pay attention. Train yourself in the art of paying attention. Don’t use a signal out of habit, use it when you should, to alert people of what you are doing. Don’t use it when you don’t need it. Sitting in a left turn lane, waiting to turn left? Don’t need it. Sitting on a 2 lane road waiting to turn left? Need it, and use it.

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who jump into the left turn lane, throw on their right blinker and expect someone to let them in, because they can’t drive correctly. I never let them in, because I don’t want a stupid driver who doesn’t know how to drive in front of me. If they can’t handle pulling out into traffic safely, who knows what else they don’t know.

Always run blocker for a semi, if he needs to get over to clear a lane for merging traffic, back off and give him a flash, he will return the favor in kindness.

Drive like you’re on a motorcycle, and be aware of others all the time. Watch peoples front rims, if it’s turning, there’s danger.

I was going to mention the same thing. Seems here in Northern NV, that a lot of the drivers here do not practice this maneuver as the haven't grasped the concept of "MERGE" and not to yield!!! The other added factor is when those in the left lane do not move over to the right lane to allow those on the on-ramp to get up to speed and either pass or fall in behind them. I also see many drivers that refuse to use their turn signals at any time. I mean are they options on your vehicle??? If I catch someone not using them and my widow is down and so is theirs, I yell out..."Are Turn Signals and option on the vehicle??? The replies at times are not worth mentioning so I will avoid it but you know what they are. Finally, I try and signal at every time I am making a move to let those in front and behind me what my intentions are. I at times will even use my arm to signal my intentions. Bet a lot here have forgotten them. My advis for those that continue to use their phones when driving, I copy my Brothers saying...HANG UP AND FOOKING DRIVE!!! cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
No, no, and NO!
It is the job of the driver getting on the highway to merge. They do not have right of way, the car on the highway does. The merging car is to match highway speed and then merge. Many times by changing speed you make it hard for the merging traffic that is trying to match your speed. This is one of the things taught us by the Highway Patrol when I worked at MODoT.

And loud pipes do not save lives! If you use loud exhaust to announce your presence, you have them pointing the wrong direction. And that leads to this question:why do horns on HDs point at the ground?
I also see in YT videos where a vehicle will pull in front of a MC. What does the cyclist do? Pull in the clutch and pin the throttle and make that poor engine bounce off the rev limiter. The hand twisting the throttle would be better used by squeezing the brake since most braking is done by the front wheel.

From the days of drivers ed, I flip the signals on at all times and at least 100'[ as per being taught] before turning. When I know I need to turn or make an off ramp, I don't wait till the last second, I get my butt ready ahead of time. Besides, the beast I have as my daily driver occupies a lot of room and does not decelerate fast. As per the old handbook, at least 1 car length of space per 10mph with the vehicle in front of you. Of course more if loaded or towing. I scan quite a bit when driving. Gauges, what is in front of me, what's beside me, what's in back of me. Scan, scan, scan. When slowing down for a turn/offramp/light etc, I especially watch for whoever is behind me to make sure they are paying attention. If they are lost in space, get prepared.

Hit the deer, not the tree. When you wreck big avoiding a deer try explaining that to your insurance company unless you have a dashcam showing everything.

Keep right except to pass. Left lane squatters. WTF. If in the left lane (multi) let it roll. If the guy behind wants to go 100, let em. Get the hell out of the way.

Auto Transport Service
Back