• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's talk about MPH & ET

SUPERSTOCKRACER

Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
I'm seeing same ET & different MPH at different drag strips.
ET & MPH from my 65 Plymouth was hovering around 9.40-9.42 @140.45-141.32
and my 63 Plymouth at Atco and Etown was [email protected]

But now I see guys going same ET with much higher MPH.
My converter slippage is between 5.08-and 7.25%
Is it the tracks clock or trap stripe that's different?

Maybe the guys you are seeing with higher MPH have a bit more HP but are not hooking up as good as you ?

- - - Updated - - -

Would need to look at there 60 foot times

Maybe they can't drive.

- - - Updated - - -

My 60 ft.times are great but my mph suck. I run 9.50@ 88 mph.

I'd like to see these time slips that go 9.88 an see their MPH so I can compare to mine.

Even a youtube video of their pass would work.

Are we not confusing 60 ft.time with mph at the trap. 1320 ft in 9 sec at 140 or 9 sec at 150. One travels a greater distance in less time starting and the other travels a greater ending at a higher mph both travel the distance in the same time. My guess is they are using less gear slower start faster top end.

Just found a time slip from last July. My 65 Plymouth Hemi.
1.30 60 foot
5.94 in the 1/8th
9.35 in th3 1/4
141.55 mph

4.30 gears

Here's trying to slow it down t run 9.50 during the summer 2013. This was the first shot, not close to 9.50, but close to your ET.
[email protected]
[email protected]
Last year on worn tires trying to slow to 9.50. This one closer to your MPH.
[email protected]
[email protected]
Both are 4.10, 10.5Wx31, 34 degrees, 113 square with carbs not opened completely.
Doug

Stupid? could you be relaxing at finish line before MPH line ?

There it is. 4:30 to a 4:10.

You can't always place the ET with the MPH because of the weight of the car. There a guys adding weight to slow the car down but that doesn't always reflect in the MPH.

Orrrrrr they may have a throttle stop on a timer.... Doug, you've doing a lot of winning. Next time you come to Quaker I think they need to double tech you. LOL Just kidding.

Here's my time slip for the 65 Plymouth. 60 foot very good. This is by no means my fastest an Mph is down. Dead hooking on this pass. I remember it well. Just for a comparison. I'm 119C BTW.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 357
Has anyone ever seen a car go 9.889 at over 140.00+ Before?
I've heard it being done running all out too and with Pitiful 60 foot

Do you use a weather station? Possible could be the air.

Ray

Air, altitude, starting line traction, down run traction, uphill, downhill, all variables that may or may not apply perfectly the same from track to track. It seemed to me that each track I raced had it's own characteristics, but they could change during the day too.

I use a weather station and double check it with the DA Calculator to make sure i'm in the range. Then jet accordingly.

Here's my time slip for the 65 Plymouth. 60 foot very good. This is by no means my fastest an Mph is down. Dead hooking on this pass. I remember it well. Just for a comparison. I'm 119C BTW.

MPH looks slower than expected for those numbers.
But according to Snaggletooth Cpusin Al,
He goes 140+ MPH but his video shows a 129.41 LMFAO

Auto Transport Service
Back