• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets talk fender covers

dodgedifferent2

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
I have been debating on fender covers for awhile as I work in the engine bay.
Afraid to scratch up the paint when changing things.

What fender covers do you use? Blanket? Magnetic? Work naked?

I use old beach towels, soft and large. The old school rubber fender covers are wall art.

Alfa Romeo makes some - at least used to - that are fairly heavy chemical resistant vinyl on the top side and nice soft flannel on the bottom. Plus they're magnetic to keep down slippage. Excellent imho

I am not a fan of the magnet ones they will hold any tiny metal filings ,
Like posted a old quilt or big thick towels are my go to.

I got some from Summit that work well

summit cover.jpg

There was a guy selling ones at the MATS show around 2010 that covered both fenders and the front grille. Have not seen any like that since

These are a couple weeks old. The Cam2 is vinyl, the Plymouth is vinyl. I also have some Mopar Performance ones, I think those are styrofoam

0FFFF9D4-B728-4B04-BBCA-309E3AB682CE.jpeg

EE7A57CF-4FAE-4854-B64C-9D6EE5CBB4CF.jpeg

When I ordered my California car cover, they offered fender covers at a discounted rate, so I ordered some. I Really like them, and with the magnets in them, they Work all around the car, like rear window trim work. I still use some Summit's on other cars, but have gotten spoiled with the magnets...

Got one at Hobo Freight for less than $10 a few years ago. Works well. But I do always check the back side before I use it for any debris that could be abrasive. And put it back in the box it came in when done so I don’t make a piece of sandpaper out of it.

So far so good. :thumbsup:

I do want to get (1) or (2) better ones that say “Plymouth” on them.

IMG_3809.jpeg

I have soft big terrycloth towels under my rubberised fender covers

sorry shitty photos camera on wrong macro setting

Roadrunner fendercovers car on stands 001.JPG

Roadrunner fendercovers car on stands 003.JPG

Roadrunner fendercovers car on stands 005.JPG

Roadrunner fendercovers car on stands 004.JPG

To resurrect an older thread, any other recommendations? About to pull my engine and trans.

Bought a set of Mopar Performance <(think what they say) 30+ years ago. One thing don't leave them on if your not working on your car. Left one on for awhile made a mark from the backer, took some work to remove it.

Where do you think old comforters went after the wife decided she wants a new one ?

Think I bought one like Dinnis H has. I liked how it gripped the fender. Had a very hot few days that the heat soaked into the shop and I wasn't able to get to the shop for a few day. Forgot that I had left the new fender cover on and found it had etched that block pattern into the clear cote. It was hard to see if you don't know it's there. Just remove when not in use.

I also use bath towels, I cut a hole for hood pins and spring clamp the other end to the hood hinge.

Auto Transport Service
Back