• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lifting the rear. Options?

Picture of how it sits now?
Spings in it are new MP super stock / hemi style.

I dont want it jacked up.....just up off its *** . Put the wheel arch dead even with the edge of the wheel would be perfect.
As it sits. Wheel lip is over 2 inches up inside the mldg edge. And the tire rubs inside the wheel house on bumps

And in all honesty i would prefer a little less than my black car
As reference.

IMG_7119.jpg

20220828_072514.jpg

20220828_072544.jpg

20221110_093648.jpg

You could try any of several different sets of springs, including helpers added to the springs you have now. But to be honest? I would just put on a quality set of air shocks. I'm betting you could get it where you want with 25-40psi. That low a pressure won't hurt anything. Its the guys that run 140psi to clear ridiculous sized tires that run into trouble.
I run ridiculous sized tires.... but the cars are tubbed and the tires fit.

Just took these pics.
Black car is 21" floor to mldg.
Yellow is 18.5" floor to mldg

Ps..both cars are running a 245.60.15 on 15x7 rims.
Just the torque thrusts are more outside offset causing the tire to rub inside wheel house.

20221113_192339.jpg

20221113_192356.jpg

I ordered a set of MP ss springs, installed them and the car sat lower than before. Springs were made in Mexico, was told no warranty or refund by the factory rep on MP parts, IIRC. Chrysler wouldn’t do anything, but the dealer refunded my money voluntarily and they didn’t care what I did with the springs. Nice guys.
I had a new set custom made. Presently running a 275x60x15 on the back.

SS springs on my '64 Polara. 14" wheels up front, 15" in the rear

20210320_131732Crop.jpg

I ordered a set of MP ss springs, installed them and the car sat lower than before. Springs were made in Mexico, was told no warranty or refund by the factory rep on MP parts, IIRC. Chrysler wouldn’t do anything, but the dealer refunded my money voluntarily and they didn’t care what I did with the springs. Nice guys.
I had a new set custom made. Presently running a 275x60x15 on the back.
Those were the Mopar XHD springs that were flat.

A set of Monroe coil over shocks will lift it up without a lot of fuss

Auto Transport Service
Back