• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Listed my Coronet for Sale in this site

Good luck Mike. Ron

Yes, that would make my Coronet go faster....but....that motor would cost at least 25,000 PLUS then I would have to go with a fully narrowed rear end for really big tires, big wheels, coil overs, ladder bars or 4 link and that would cost another 5000 dollars....doesn't make sense. thanks for the thoughts.

th?id=OIP.42izGfQJdGd551V0jYX_sQEsDh&w=236&h=177&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg

Meet Joe Midile - One hell of a nice guy.
64 Dodge HT - Runs the Nostalgia S/S 9.50 index with NMCA and the Mopar Races in and around the Eastern Mid West.
This car isn't exactly light.... and he is running Cal-Tracs and 10.5W Tires
Doug - can verify.

A high horsepower motor (850+) will make a mopar turn in great elapsed times but... when the class the car would be running uses a .400 Pro Tree...Horsepower alone will NOT give you a .020 (or so) reaction time...you need really big tires, ladder bars or 4 link plus a light car.
A 3600-3800 pound car with leaf springs and 10-11" tires will not cut a .020 lite on a .400 pro tree.
You can, of course, cut great lites (.010, .020, etc) on a FULL sportsmans tree by anticipating when the green lite will come on....it is done all the time....but you cannot "anticipate" when the .400 Pro Tree is going to lite up all 3 bulbs at the same time, unless you just "guess".

Auto Transport Service
Back