• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little Pep in the Step

RJB

Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
Starting Friday after turkey day im installing my new PST front kit and dropping my tranny to fix my leak and put in a 2500 stall, since it will be on the lift going to pull the 3rd member out which is a 741 and put a 742 after i buy a gear. I would leave the 741 but i cant find a 3.91-4.11 gear for sale anywhere. I can find them all day for a 742. Right now its got a highway gear in it, i dont drive on the highway and sucks in town if you want to get on it. So with my changes it should spruce it up while driving around town.

Well we got the much needed front end kit put in yesterday, i never seen so many nails used as carter pins. Went ahead and put the front runners on it. Were starting the tranny tonight to install the stall and fix a leak. Just ordered my gear and spool, should be here sometime next week to install. Here is a couple photos of yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG-20111125-00039.jpg
    IMG-20111125-00039.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG-20111123-00035.jpg
    IMG-20111123-00035.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 347
Beautiful car! Looks like your on your way to having some fun!

Pulled the 3rd member out and the inside was dry as a bone, the whole unit was one trip away before locking up, still had the 1964 2.76 gear in it from factory, and actually the rear hubs wasnt that hard to get off, pry bar and a big sledge hammer. To be continued..................

Front runners look like the ones I got from Summit. I had a little mooneyes decal done up to put in the centre cap. Not a bad wheel for the price.

I bought mine from Mccormick racing on line they were actually cheaper than summit or jegs. I need to order the back ones but got to much going on with the stall and gear to buy those right now.

Well boys those may disagree but just took my power steering all off that was shot and leaking like crazy and put in the manual box, no play in steering now. Cool thing is a fellow member gave me the box off his parts car (thanks Brian) and steering shaft so no money out of the pocket and a cleaner engine bay. Should have the stall in Friday and new gear and spool in sat, should be a new car from what it was.

Well boys those may disagree but just took my power steering all off that was shot and leaking like crazy and put in the manual box, no play in steering now. Cool thing is a fellow member gave me the box off his parts car (thanks Brian) and steering shaft so no money out of the pocket and a cleaner engine bay. Should have the stall in Friday and new gear and spool in sat, should be a new car from what it was.

Lord knows people have helped me plenty, glad I can return the favor! :headbang:

Your car looks great. The gears should wake it up good. I have a 355:1 in mine sometimes wish I had 391:1.

The rearend is finially done had to get bigger bearings with the spool, so all thats finished all im lacking his my flex plate so i can use my stall i got, should be here thursday, hoping to be driving it friday.

Since my last post on here for my 64 Fury we have put new whiplash cam in with a 107 lobe speration for fun idle, new lifters, new headers which i had powder coated black, had a set of 452 heads and the machine shop went through those did a 3 angle race valve job new springs, took my tranny out that was slipping installed another tranny got the 3000 stall in it, new floor shifter which is Hurst Promatic 2, and last thing is just got it back last night from exhuast shop with all 2.5in pipes with flowmasters with X-Pipe put in, it sounds awesome, all i have now is to swap out my 600 holley for my 750 and i think im done for awhile just going to drive and enjoy, when i get it cleaned up i will take some photos.

:pink banana:

Auto Transport Service
Back