• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

long shackles for 65 Coronet?

RedHot67

Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys,

where can I get longer shackles for my 65 Coronet, any ideas?

Thanks

Dan

I bought some slightly longer ones from our local speed shop. They are Mr Gasket type and they are strong. They have a few extra holes to adjust height. Once I decided on the holes I wanted to use I cut them at the ends and rounded the ends and painted them black to look stock. You cant see anything extra on mine. I only raised my back about 1/2" but thats all I wanted to. Ron

100_1534.jpg

Just Suspension has a 3 way adjustable, short, stock, and long, and they correctly shoulder the force on the shackle bolts.

If you extend the rear shackles very much, doesn't it change the pinion angle? Isn't that a concern?

If you extend the rear shackles very much, doesn't it change the pinion angle? Isn't that a concern?
Any time you make a change to your suspension you should check all settings from alignment to pinion angle but very small changes usually do not change things much.

Auto Transport Service
Back