• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long tube headers for a 75 Fury with 318

pedal2themetal

Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
HI I've look all over and it seams no one produces headers for my 1975 Fury with a LA 318.. do any of you have any links or where abouts to find a set??

Thanks take care be safe
tim

Wut ? Nobody makes headers for a b-body SB anymore ? How is that possible ?

The question is- how well do you want them to fit and- how much do you want to spend?

That's what I'm finding.. they list them and when I search application its no fit.. Summit , Hooker Doug's.
Now with that said.. the muffler shop said they can get some Patriot's but they want $1000. to install Jeeezzz I already have new exhaust all the way to the stock manifolds. Way to much for the install I think .. I am waiting for another shop to call with price's.
If you can come up with a place to order them and a number please pass it on to me.

good luck take care be safe
tim

That's what I'm finding.. they list them and when I search application its no fit.. Summit , Hooker Doug's.
Now with that said.. the muffler shop said they can get some Patriot's but they want $1000. to install Jeeezzz I already have new exhaust all the way to the stock manifolds. Way to much for the install I think .. I am waiting for another shop to call with price's.
If you can come up with a place to order them and a number please pass it on to me.

good luck take care be safe
tim
Your car may just not be programmed in to the database as being a "fit". I believe any B-body small block headers will fit.

Having said that, I will state what I have said before on some other threads. Many small block B-body headers route three driver side tubes under the steering. This makes the headers hang down really low and virtually guarantees that you will smash them into oblivion. (Ask me how I know :rolleyes: )

All the "offending" headers look very similar. Look at the headers below. The driver side has three tubes that go straight down, and then make a 90* turn towards the back. Lots of manufacturers have them, so I won't give you the name of these - it doesn't matter and I am not trying to bash (pun intended) any particular manufacturer.

1704979490776.png

Bottom line is stay away from any headers that look like this if you need ground clearance to drive your car on regular roads.

TTI should have all you need as I did a 79 Cordoba B body with a LA small block.
Their headers do not go under the drag link. Not cheap by no means. But very good quality.
If you are looking for budget headers Summit Racing SUM-G9040.
Like HawkRod said they are the type that the driverside tubes run thru the drag link.
I currently have the Summit headers on my 63 Belvedere with a LA 318.
40+ years ago I used the Summit headers on my 75 Charger. Nothing has changed since then.

Last edited:
75-79 should be 95% the same as 73/74 and 90% the same as 71/72.

Your car may just not be programmed in to the database as being a "fit". I believe any B-body small block headers will fit.

Having said that, I will state what I have said before on some other threads. Many small block B-body headers route three driver side tubes under the steering. This makes the headers hang down really low and virtually guarantees that you will smash them into oblivion. (Ask me how I know :rolleyes: )

All the "offending" headers look very similar. Look at the headers below. The driver side has three tubes that go straight down, and then make a 90* turn towards the back. Lots of manufacturers have them, so I won't give you the name of these - it doesn't matter and I am not trying to bash (pun intended) any particular manufacturer.

View attachment 1588617

Bottom line is stay away from any headers that look like this if you need ground clearance to drive your car on regular roads.
You are right ^^. Having done such installs back in the day, yep... some headers we called "hung too low" , guaranteed ground-scrapers.

HI,
OKay thinks... now my car does sit purity high, taller tires and raised front end (torsion bar raised).. can someone give me the distance from the cross member to the bottom of the header and I can measure and see what I have for ground clearance..

Thanks take care be safe
tim

Tim,
These are Doug's headers.
They should fit nicely in your body style.
My buddy has the same set in a small block powered F-body Aspen.
August 26th (14).jpg
August 26th (16).jpg

HI,
OKay thinks... now my car does sit purity high, taller tires and raised front end (torsion bar raised).. can someone give me the distance from the cross member to the bottom of the header and I can measure and see what I have for ground clearance..

Thanks take care be safe
tim
I have now sold my 73 Road Runner that had those headers, so I can no longer give you a measurement. Below are the best two pictures I could find.
20220114_193656.jpg

20210809_214556.jpg

Note that I had a big piece of angle iron welded to my K member to protect my oil pan and headers. Even with that, they will still hit a bit.

My best guess is that they hang down about 3 inches below the K member.

some headers we called "hung too low" , guaranteed ground-scrapers.
Black Jack headers were the worst !.
As 71Beeper stated the F body Aspen/Volare' uses the same as a B body.
Just a photo of the Summit headers from the above post.

IMG_2856.jpg

Black Jack headers were the worst !.
As 71Beeper stated the F body Aspen/Volare' uses the same as a B body.
Just a photo of the Summit headers from the above post.

View attachment 1588771
Yeah, it's hard to recall specifics from 50 years ago, but I do remember some SB b-body headers were guaranteed ground-scrapers. WE did blackjack, hooker, thorley, appliance, whatever the owner wanted. Only guarantee was the installation, period. Smash 'em on the first bump in the road ? Too bad.

Of the 3 headers I know that will fit, I can tell you that the cheap headers with 3 pipes under the steering linkage suck…. But Summit Racing headers have always fit the best AND they have a thick 3/8 header flange.

Then there are the more expensive:

Hooker Super Comp headers w/a 1-3/4 pipe and TTI.
TTI has a 3/8 flange, not the Hooker.
I have the Hookers on my small block ‘79 Magnum. Excellent fit!
I have only used TTI on my wife ‘67 Barracuda. Excellent fit.
I also used there exhaust system. Excellent.

Spelling & grammer edit …

Last edited:
Dougs and TTI are the best but you will pay for them.
Hooker super comp is a good one as well, but you will also pay for those.

Agree anything that has tubes below the steering linkage will scrape the ground and are a PITA to install, but can be had for about $50 used at a swap meets. I have two pair I got either free or with a parts car...can't give them away.

Of the 3 headers I know that will fit, I can tell you that the cheap headers with 3 pipes under the steering linkage suck…. But Summit Racing headers have always fit the best AND they have a thick 3/8 header flange.
So the Summit headers go over the steering linkage, not under it? Their pictures don't look like they do, but they do tend to use generic pics.

So the Summit headers go over the steering linkage, not under it?
Sorry, I’m confused. Where did I say that?

I didn’t. You are you putting words into my mouth.
A problem for sure….. with reading comprehension?
WTF DUDE?!?!?!

Their pictures don't look like they do, but they do tend to use generic pics.
This is true. But if you went to Summit Racings site and looked up a B or E body header you would find a bad picture but missed the 360* view…. Snap shots below showing you EXACTLY what it is.

No freaking homework done. Come on man!!!!!

IMG_1785.jpeg
IMG_1784.jpeg

That looks like the "standard", poorly designed SB Mopar header that there are two dozen copies of and drags the ground.

Auto Transport Service
Back