• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long tube headers for a 75 Fury with 318

Sorry, I’m confused. Where did I say that?

I didn’t. You are you putting words into my mouth.
A problem for sure….. with reading comprehension?
WTF DUDE?!?!?!

This is true. But if you went to Summit Racings site and looked up a B or E body header you would find a bad picture but missed the 360* view…. Snap shots below showing you EXACTLY what it is.

No freaking homework done. Come on man!!!!!
You said they fit... in the context of the prior discussion, that would imply they were similar to the Doug's/TTI that go over the steering linkage.

I did look at their site, which showed the same crappy ground-dragging headers as most everyone other than Doug's/TTI. Thought maybe you had further insight into it. Trust me, I won't ask you anything in the future if this is how you react.

HI,
Can't you just raise the torsion bars a little and raise the front end to stop them from dragging?

good luck take care be safe
tim

Sure, This is a old photo of my 63 with the Summit brand. Front end raised about 2'' from stock.
The front tires were only 25 1/2'' tall.I was going for a Gasser look. Sold the wheels and now run 27'' front tire and lowered the car back down to compensate. I have a few speed bumps in the industrial park where my shop is and have good clearance.
There are choices and depending on your budget.

IMG_2966.jpg

So the Summit headers go over the steering linkage, not under it?
Actually on the driver side header the drag link goes thru the tubes 3 going under and 1 above. Repost of photo showing the driver side header.

IMG_2856.jpg

Lol, all done. People who can't answer a question in a civil manner get ignore, plenty of knowledgeable people here who can.

If anyone knows of something other than the $1000 Doug's, TTI or Hooker super comps, I'm all ears.

I do know that Flowtech are a less well known and much less expensive good fit for big blocks.

I wonder if anyone has tried truck Magnum headers.

Dougs and TTI are the best but you will pay for them.
Hooker super comp is a good one as well, but you will also pay for those.

Agree anything that has tubes below the steering linkage will scrape the ground and are a PITA to install, but can be had for about $50 used at a swap meets. I have two pair I got either free or with a parts car...can't give them away.
This kinda sums it up.

HI,
What I am going to do is run what I can get (afford) and just increases the front end heights if I have ground clearance issue , easy enough with the torsion bars.
thanks to all that replied

good luck take care and be safe
tim

Auto Transport Service
Back