• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look what followed me home

zigs

Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
Sold my Polara finally. Been chasing this truck for a year. Very hard to find 1936 C1 International. Really excited. I will keep it as close to stock as I can.

20240320_161950.jpg

20240320_162002.jpg

20240320_162022.jpg

That is cool ! What a fun project.
Looks pretty complete except the bumpers.
What are the drive train plans ? I see you said keep it original.

Very cool! I work for the current iteration of International trucks, Navistar, and enjoy seeing historical International vehicles. The company started amassing vintage trucks around 15 years ago for a planned museum, but that ended when the company had a financial crisis in 2012. However they still have displayed some off and on in our lobby over the years, and I believe most of the historical trucks now are on loan to a museum at the closed Fort Wayne, IN plant now.
If you don’t mind I’ll share a picture of your truck on our internal social media site Spot our Stuff?

Congratulations on your new project. What about dropping it all on a later V-8 Scout chassis, keeping it all 'Binder?

Very cool! I work for the current iteration of International trucks, Navistar, and enjoy seeing historical International vehicles. The company started amassing vintage trucks around 15 years ago for a planned museum, but that ended when the company had a financial crisis in 2012. However they still have displayed some off and on in our lobby over the years, and I believe most of the historical trucks now are on loan to a museum at the closed Fort Wayne, IN plant now.
If you don’t mind I’ll share a picture of your truck on our internal social media site Spot our Stuff?
I have a one owner 96 International DT466 I would be willing to part with at the right price for the museum. :lol:

That is cool ! What a fun project.
Looks pretty complete except the bumpers.
What are the drive train plans ? I see you said keep it original.
I'm keeping it original. It would be a shame to taint it . If it was only 50% there I would consider street riding but its 99%

Yes please do. Would you have access to parts?

Nice to see it going back original before some knucklehead drops a LS in it.
I am doing a 1956 ford f100 and while not a huge ford fan I plan on keeping it original as well.
Anyone can hot rod but I figure this old girl survived the depression ,WW2 , Korea, Viet Nam, Chicago riots Montana summers and winter , the Montana department of highways and a minors camp. She deserves a little TLC. I'm fine with tooling down the road at 50 with a smile.
I have the Dart if I want to go fast

Auto Transport Service
Back