• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It has been almost 2 years but we finally found it.

Builderguy

Builderguy
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
Many of you know the wife and I sold our home/shop and went touring the country with a truck and trailer. We did have a lot (and I mean a lot) of fun. But something was missing. I really love restoring classic cars back to their original glory. Can't do that living in a trailer. Our travels had a dual purpose, see more of this great country and try to find a new place to call home. I wanted somewhere south and she wanted to stay close to the kids. Any guess which way that went? So I am pleased to say that we have an accepted purchase agreement on our new house. It is still in Michigan (go figure) and is pretty much dead center between the three kids. We had been looking for a nice house that happened to have a pole barn that I could turn into a shop. Well, I married one great lady, and she agreed to up our budget a little and we ended up with this jem in the woods. She loves the house (needs nothing, but we will change the color) and I am more that happy with the pole barn. Finally, I have the space I need to do what I want with my projects (48 x 56 and tall enough for the trailer) and the house isn't bad either. LOL. Barn has full power, heat, water, lights, and bolts in the concrete for a bendpac (sold many years ago). The challenger restoration will finally happen! Just thought I would share the JOY!

1710813795719.png
1710813834631.png
1710813853626.png
1710814160127.png

Cool deal/house & shop, congrats...

The road is fun but gets old after too much time...

Glad you found something you & she likes/love...

Nice. I understand. I would leave liberal Colorado and move to Wyoming but I want to stay close to my kids.

Nice shop!! How long were you on the road?

Sounds like an exciting time for you and your wife. Congrats on the new chapter of your life together. Now go get after it :thumbsup:

Nice shop!! How long were you on the road?
On the road a lot for the first 12 months, then on and off for the next 9 months as we traveled around projects that were doing for friends and family. We have to settle in this "new" house pretty quick as we head to Germany for a couple of weeks at the end of July. There is a grave site (31 Jan 1945) we need to visit in Belgium at the Hemri-chapelle American Cemetery.

Many of you know the wife and I sold our home/shop and went touring the country with a truck and trailer. We did have a lot (and I mean a lot) of fun. But something was missing. I really love restoring classic cars back to their original glory. Can't do that living in a trailer. Our travels had a dual purpose, see more of this great country and try to find a new place to call home. I wanted somewhere south and she wanted to stay close to the kids. Any guess which way that went? So I am pleased to say that we have an accepted purchase agreement on our new house. It is still in Michigan (go figure) and is pretty much dead center between the three kids. We had been looking for a nice house that happened to have a pole barn that I could turn into a shop. Well, I married one great lady, and she agreed to up our budget a little and we ended up with this jem in the woods. She loves the house (needs nothing, but we will change the color) and I am more that happy with the pole barn. Finally, I have the space I need to do what I want with my projects (48 x 56 and tall enough for the trailer) and the house isn't bad either. LOL. Barn has full power, heat, water, lights, and bolts in the concrete for a bendpac (sold many years ago). The challenger restoration will finally happen! Just thought I would share the JOY!

View attachment 1630950View attachment 1630952View attachment 1630953View attachment 1630956

Congrats! Nothing like having a garage as big, or bigger than your house.

Congrats! Glad you found a place with a shop, envious, I need one too. I escaped Commiefornia in 2018 to Utah , then Idaho in 2021. Unfortunately not close to any family , but my wife likes road trips. Besides, they all need a place to escape to when SHTF or when they can’t stand commiefornia any more.

Thats great you got your shop and a house.:thumbsup: Congrats and have fun.

Welcome back to the Mitten, sounds like a great break away from Michigan. Also glad to hear that the Mittens were never officially packed away for good. Nice house, and even nicer shop. Funny how there’s so many pictures of the shop, but only one of the house. Sounds like you have your priorities straight! :)

So where are you calling home now? I’m in Pinckney, near Ann Arbor.

Adventures are great, but it is nice to have a home base. A shop is a great bonus.

Welcome back to the Mitten, sounds like a great break away from Michigan. Also glad to hear that the Mittens were never officially packed away for good. Nice house, and even nicer shop. Funny how there’s so many pictures of the shop, but only one of the house. Sounds like you have your priorities straight! :)

So where are you calling home now? I’m in Pinckney, near Ann Arbor.
We are currently staying at my sister's house in Eaton Rapids. Nice place, right on the Grand River. We have pretty much remodeled her whole house during our stay. Down now to installing new carpet in the bedrooms, then there is nothing left to update. Timing works out perfect. Once done we are headed out west for a little while waiting for occupancy (we gave them 60 days so they could work on their new home). After that 60 days, we will move into our new home located on 3 wooded acres about four miles southwest of Jackson. Other than moving all our stuff, I am soooooo looking forward to this move.

Auto Transport Service
Back